Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nckvilledudes

The Blues

nckvilledudes
16 years ago

Okay maybe not true blues but several clematis in my garden are bluish in nature especially after the bleaching effect of the sun takes it toll.

Wisely

{{gwi:594189}}
{{gwi:594190}}

Emilia Plater

{{gwi:594191}}

Victoria

{{gwi:594192}}

Perle D'Azur

{{gwi:594193}}

Comments (19)

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    16 years ago

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

• pitimpinai
    16 years ago

Gorgeous. :-)

• entling
    16 years ago

You have a good camera, you've captured those blues pretty accurately. (I've seen a couple of those in person, so I trust the others are similarly representational.) It's good to know that sun helps with the "blueness."

• carolyn18810
    16 years ago

Miguel,

Just gorgeous! A walk through your yard must be absolutely enchanting. How big is your yard and how many different clemmies do you have?

Thank you so much for sharing. Will you also be sharing pinks, reds and whites?

Carolyn

• flowerfan2
    16 years ago

Wow, I love those blues. What beautiful photo's. My Perle de Azur and EM are just starting to bloom. They have really grown in size and should put on a good show this year. Keep the photo's coming. Karen

• nckvilledudes
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone. Glad you liked the shots.

Carolyn, I have posted quite a few pictures in the past on various threads showing differnt colored clematis. All my pictures for the past couple of years are posted on my photobucket account at the following address so anyone can view them at their leisure.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v158/nckvilledude/

The yard is only 1/3 of an acre with most of the grass removed since it browns out anyway in our summer heat and infrequent rain. To make matters worse, the people on either side of me have inground sprinkler systems which only makes my grass look that much worse! LOL

I used to have spreadsheets with all the clematis and their locations but after several computer crashes I have thrown the towel in with trying to keep up with them. I lost track when I got over 100 or so in the garden--although some have died over the years, some have been removed, and of course others have been added!

• buyorsell888
    16 years ago

I really like the Perle growing through the shrub.

• eden_in_me
    16 years ago

I'm glad Wisley looks like your picture and not like the one on the tag. I have it planted on the same trellis as Vesuvius, Pagoda,& Huldine, and was starting to think that it might be too much like V, which I know from last year's blooms is quite dark. V & H are shooting up to the sky and have buds, but W is only about half that size because the first stems wilted back after I bought it in April or May. Pagoda was just bought Thursday.

Marie in ME

• brandyray
    16 years ago

Wow, what impressive blooms! Over a hundred!!! Wisley looks like a real winner. I might add it to my list. Brandy

• jeanne_texas
    16 years ago

Miguel..your gardens are more stunning than they were last year..only better and better..woohoo..love those shades of blues...'cause they make me happy!!...some of my pruning group 3's are starting to bloom for round 2...Jeanne

• buyorsell888
    16 years ago

Juuli and her host, Crimson Pygmy barberry.

{{gwi:594194}}

Prince Charles

{{gwi:594195}}

Both plants are about a year old so distance pictures aren't very impressive.

• nckvilledudes
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have Juuli also BorS and love her more than Arabella. She has been blooming nonstop for me with deadheading. That's her in the bottom right corner.

{{gwi:594196}}

• rosethyme
    16 years ago

Your photos are always fantastic. Thank you for sharing.

Karen

• pitimpinai
    16 years ago

100+ clematis? And I thought my 30+ was a large collection. :-) Must be fun to walk around the garden looking at each and everyone of them.

buyorsell, those photos are beautiful. Mine never look half as good. Great photography. :-)

• buyorsell888
    16 years ago

Thank you :) There are plenty of lousy ones where those came from ;)

I haven't had to deadhead Juuli yet, she is going and going.

• nckvilledudes
    Original Author
    16 years ago

BorS, I don't have to deadhead Juuli either. She was full of old flowerheads and still blooming when I last pulled them off on Saturday. I just like to prevent any of the old seedheads from maturing if they are fertilized. Just like any other plant, clematis will stop blooming if they think they have produced progeny for the next year.

• carolfm
    16 years ago

Miguel, what a wonderful display! I love the "bluer" clematis. Your garden is so beautiful.

BorS, love your photo's too! I don't have Juuli. I need to correct that omission.

Carol

• jeanr_2007
    16 years ago

You guys in this clematis forum are going to start costing me some serious money. All the photos are inspirational and breathtaking.

Nickvilledudes---love your yard and Zack is beautiful as well.

• nckvilledudes
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Zack is quite the character Jeanr. Photographs don't begin to capture his eccentricities.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES