Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good website to ID Clematis

Posted by samanthab z5 MA (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 21, 10 at 8:26

Hi all,

I know a lot of people (including me!) post on here asking for help on identifying their clematis vines.
I found this website and it really helped me. Just type in "Clematis" under Common Name and enter your zone. It will show you a list of Clematis vines that grow in your area and if you click on the name it will show you a picture as well.

Hope this helps!
-Sam

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Identifier

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good website to ID Clematis

Thanks for posting this - I seem to be trying to identify clematis with lost or just plain wrong tags all the time.

o

Sam..thanks for sharing this website..but IMHO, I feel if you do a search for clematis for your zones..This site is definitely lacking and restrictive. For instance, I did a search for clematis that I "Supposedly" could grow in zone 8 and the list was not large at all..I am successfully growing several varieties that this site says won't grow in zone 8..If researching for an identity of a clematis is your main objective then COTW is far the best and most comprehensive site available today..I especially love using the picture search..you can narrow your search for specifics like tepal or anther color,breeder,pruning group, blooming period..the options are endless when trying to narrow the specifics at hand with what you see in your clematis ..Jeanne

Here is a link that might be useful: COTW picture search

o

The site is for Missouri so most of the plants are likely those that grow there.

Clematis on the Web is a Clematis resource for the world so many many more are available there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here