Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tcskitten

oops- 5 Clematis pics

tcskitten
12 years ago

Well for Pete's sake, I just realized I forgot to include the pics ... LOL

But where is the "upload photos" button on here???

Faye in N.S.

Comments (13)

• alina_1
    12 years ago

This site does not host pictures. You will need an external host to post images.

• buyorsell888
    12 years ago

you have to use HTML code to link to another website that hosts photos like Photobucket.

• tcskitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well, then I am stumped! I use a Mac and have no idea how to go through the long drawn out routine of a PC ... no offense meant to PC users :) Its just I am technically challenged ... LOL

I guess I'll just have to keep the pics to myself.

Thanks anyways folk .... :)
    Faye in N.S.

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

You can download your photos to Photobucket from a Mac. I use a Mac and post photos.

Go to photobucket and set up a free account.

Then download photos choosing from computer and it finds the photos on your computer and you choose the ones you want to download. After downloading into a album click on the photo you want to post using the html button to copy the html then paste that into your message. It will show the html but when you hit preview the photo will show.

• alina_1
    12 years ago

mnwsgal is right, it has nothing to do with the type of the computer.

Follow the instructions she posted.

• tcskitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ohhh I didn't mean to offend ... its just that I am technically challenged when it comes to computers ...LOL
    Thank you mnwsgal .... I try my hand at your instructions.
    Should I stop posting ... will someone send out the dogs, to come findddddd me
    LOL
    Faye in Nova Scotia

• tcskitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello mnwsgal ... I created a photobucket account. However, when I try to download the photos from my computer... this is the message I continue to get ..

Upload failed for
    Error: No file was uploaded

Now I have sent many pics from my Mac over the years, but for some reason, Photobucket is not retrieving them from my desktop.
    So, once again I am stalemated.

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

I don't think alina was offended or being rude, she was just being informative. I know my computer knowledge is limited and I appreciate being told that it is not my computer. If I think it is my computer I won't figure out how to do it.

I will try to help. They have changed their upload process and I am still trying to figure out some parts of the new process.

1. Did you download the iPhoto Plugin? When I tried I found out that I can not as I do not have the new Mac operating system. I got a message that the download failed.

2. I haven't used the bulk upload so can't help with that.

3. For regular upload follow these steps
    a. Go to Photobucket and your account
    b. Click on the green box at the top "Upload Now"
    c. When the page opens click on left "from My Computer"
    d. On right side click "choose album", unless you already have an album choose "create an album" which will open a page, fill out the page info then click "create album" in the blue box at the bottom
    e. When the page opens click on green box in center of page "Select Photos and Videos"
    f. This will open a page to files on your computer. Choose the file including the photos you want to upload. When the file is opened you will see the number for each photo. If you do not know the number of the photo you want click on each number and look at the photo preview. I go through all the numbers and copy the ones I want to send to photobucket. If you have labeled your photos you may not see the numbers but the names so you may not have to preview them.
    g. When you know which photos you want hold down the apple button and click on each number/label then click "open" at the bottom
    h. This will go back to the upload page
    i. Wait awhile for photos to download, there does not seem to be any info that says photos were downloaded so I guess how long to wait. (If I am wrong, someone please tell me as it is frustrating to not have a message saying they have been downloaded.)
    j. Click "My Albums" at the top.
    k. Click on the album you chose to upload photos. Photos should be in the album. (If they are not, try the back button then click on the album again.)

Give it a try and ask again if you have other questions.
    Good luck.

• tcskitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hubby arrived home, and read your instructions as I performed them. AGAIN, I kept getting the same ERROR message.
    Is there anything else besides Photo bucket that works with the Clem Forum ..ie Snapfish (hubby asks?)
    Really appreciate the time you are spending on this.

Faye in Nova Scotia

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Yes, you can use other photo hosting sites besides Photobucket. Some people have mentioned Flickr and Picasso. I don't know about those other sites as Photobucket has worked for me.

Here is a site that reviews photo sharing sites. Maybe you can try one of them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo Sharing website Reviews

• tcskitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks all .... I'll get hubby to see if he can help me with this :(

In the meantime, is there a way to delete a post?

Faye
    in Nova Scotia

• alina_1
    12 years ago

Faye,
    I am not offended and I did not mean to offend you, sorry.
    Just was trying to reply on the run...

It is hard to troubleshoot without knowing details. On the Photobucket home page, there is a link "Help" with lots of topics (including Troubleshooting and FAQ). It might help you or your husband.

There is no way to delete or edit posts on Gardenweb (yes, it is very inconvenient!).

Congratulations on your new Clematis and possible new addiction!

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    12 years ago

Faye, often I'll get an Error message when uploading photos to Photobucket, though generally the photos seem to have loaded correctly and are displayed in the Photobucket album ... I then can have them attached to GardenWeb and other such websites.

Terrance

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?