Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nycjf

Crazy bout clematis

nycjf
14 years ago

I have three clematis: A ville de lyon which I planted in front of the second floor deck, four hf young's planted against a chain link fence and at the foot of the stairs to the deck, and a third (I think) is a nelly moser. The ville de lyon was planted 2 years ago, and has wonderfully dominated the view of my deck from the other yards. The others were planted this year, but with encouraging growth. I wish there were a better way to indentify what I think is the nelly moser. It's at the rear of my yard in a semi shade area (behind two large rose of sharon bushes. I bought the alleged nelly moser from Lowes with a label that reads "assorted clematis", so I've identified it by appearance. Also, my ville de lyon (which I just can't find the label...which states it's name) was identified by appearance. I love this plant, but it is a little scary when I think of pruning. The ville de lyon is at least 15', bloomed this spring 20 flowers, and has at least 30 buds on the top half of the plant preparing to bloom.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz