Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
longfei_yu

Clematis 2014

Longfei Yu
9 years ago

These are pretty much all of the blooms so far for this year, but, still about 20 more are coming.
1. Asao
{{gwi:596443}}

2. Miss Bateman
{{gwi:596446}}

3. Diana's delight
{{gwi:596449}}

4. Pink Champion
{{gwi:596451}}

5. Daniel Deronda
{{gwi:596453}}

6. abilene
{{gwi:596455}}

7. Liberation
{{gwi:596457}}

8. Cezanne
{{gwi:596459}}

{{gwi:596460}}

9. Daniel and David Austin roses
{{gwi:596461}}

1. The president and Bateman, happy together
    {{gwi:596462}}

Comments (27)

• buyorsell888
    9 years ago

Very Nice

• roseberri, z6
    9 years ago

those are lovely

• sandyl
    9 years ago

Very lovely indeed. I also have Asao and she's always my first to get going. Your Liberation looks like my Ms. Thompson, but can we talk about Ms. Bateman, I have her and for several years along time ago I had her living in a large pot and she did wonderful for years in the pot then I got the big idea I would move her to a location in the ground that I thought would be perfact, lots of morning sun and then a little afternoon sun, just about the same conditions she was in the pot and she hasn't had 6 blooms a year on her since I moved her, before she would look like yours in the above picture. Do you lightly prune her early spring? I know she's a group 2 and that's how I treat her. But I can't figure out what's her problem when I know she can produce lots of blooms.

• Gardenmama63
    9 years ago

Lovely

• mnwsgal
    9 years ago

Your clematis look beautiful.

Sandy, how long has Miss Bateman been in the ground? It can take several years to establish roots and new growth when moved even from a big pot to the ground. My Miss Bateman was slow establishing itself compared to others.

• Michaela (Zone 5b - Iowa)
    9 years ago

Just beautiful.

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

I especially like #6 Abilene.

9 years ago

Everytime I look at your photos I start kicking myself for not grabbing that Asao that was on clearance a few weeks ago.

• Longfei Yu
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thegardenat902: Asao, is just a pure beauty. Remember to catch her next time, even not on clearance. lol

• mnwsgal
    9 years ago

For me Asao is one of the first to bloom and full of blooms. A beauty for sure.

This post was edited by mnwsgal on Sun, Jun 22, 14 at 0:19

9 years ago

I definitely will. It is gorgeous. And you can never have too many clematis :o)

• sandyl
    9 years ago

Mnwsgal my Ms Batemanhas been in the ground now about 5 fives, the wire frame I have her on is about 4'x5 feet, its a old swing frame and her problem might be that the wire is allowing her to get broke near the ground due to movement during the winter months.

• Longfei Yu
    Original Author
    9 years ago

mnwsgal: you are right, Asao is the first bloom out of my so many clematises, and last pretty long. A must have.

9 years ago

You guys are really not helping my clematis addiction ;)

• sandyl
    9 years ago

Here's another Asao from my garden, also the first out of the gate each spring and always loaded to the gill with blooms.

• esther_b
    9 years ago

Lovely, just lovely. I've had a Nelly Moser in the ground for about 6 years. Although it's gotten LONGER (taller?), it is still not the multi-stem plant covered with blossoms like you have in your garden. It is one or two stems. I keep it watered, I put alfalfa cubes on it in early spring, its roots are in the shade but the upper vine is in the sun, etc.

What am I doing wrong, or failing to do?

• starlight99
    9 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! Clematis is one of my favorites with so many varieties.

How do you get your Durandii to grow high up like that? What is it growing on? Could you give me some pointers? I have to tie each part of the vine onto the support myself. Thanx!

• Longfei Yu
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Starlight,
    Yes, Durandii cannot climb by itself, we have to tie them on the support. Actually my support is lower than my Durandii, so you cannot see the support in my picture. Please post some pictures of your clematis, I love Durandii very much.

• Longfei Yu
    Original Author
    9 years ago

esther_b:
    Don't worry, I also have a couple of clematises which only have 1 stems after 3 years. lol. It is kind of strange.

• mnwsgal
    9 years ago

Beautiful. Your Comtessa looks a lovely pink. Sadly both of mine, bought at different times, are mauve. I don't see a trellis on Etolie Violette. Is it growing on fishing line?

• DiggingInTheDirt
    9 years ago

Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

• Longfei Yu
    Original Author
    9 years ago

mnwsgal:
    There is a hook way below the roof, so I just roll a string over, it is really high, but this clematis just reaches the top of the string, perfectly. I donot have a get a really high trellis for it.

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

It's threads like this that make others want to join in the
    obsession for clematis.LOL Great pictures everyone. So
    many beautiful ones!

TFS, Punk

• plaidbird
    9 years ago

Mnwsgal,

Just in case it might help, my Comtesse de Bouchaud has been very different shades of pink, depending on how much light the spot receives. She started a nice light pink, faded to a pale green grey pink as the bloom season progressed and surrounding plants grew.

Next year I removed a very tall, large hedge nearby. She was pinker.

This year the neighbors huge tree is gone and I moved the pot out just a bit to get a bit more sunlight hours. She is now suddenly the beautiful pink I thought she would be when I bought her.

The light is really the only variable in this case. It seems odd because the plant displays no expected lack of adequate light, it's just the shade of pink in the flowers. I had been disappointed and had mostly decided she would go some back, hidden area to be ignored. Or.. maybe it was the stern talking to I gave her last fall explaining her future. ;)

ETA : remembered I have a photo of her in her 'naughty corner'. Still maybe a bit too shaded so next year more sun. I tend to not rush into things it seems.

This post was edited by plaidbird on Mon, Jul 7, 14 at 2:22

• mnwsgal
    9 years ago

Thanks for the info. I may move mine to see if the color changes.

• Longfei Yu
    Original Author
    9 years ago

plaidbird:
    Thanks for the info. Actually I plant my Comtesse de Bouchaud against a east-facing wall, along with "the President" and "Miss Bateman" together, side by side. All three seems very happy, and very healthy.

Sponsored
Longhouse Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Prominent Architecture Firm Creating Cohesive Designs