Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clematis Newbie-Couple pics

Posted by shannababy 5b (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 10:18

Hi there, I'm very new to clematis but I read a lot last year and planted a bunch in the summer,Unfortunately I came back from vacation this year after everything had sprouted and my husband had done the best he could training everything up the trellis. I didn't have the heart to trim anything with buds, so please be kind.
First bloom on Henryi, Lots of huge buds on very long stalks. Planted in Sept last year so I'm pretty happy its taken off.

photo IMG_37071_zpsb83f3de2.jpg

photo IMG_37081_zps2760a097.jpg

Belle of Woking I believe. This was a rescue Clem, so I'm glad I got to see some flowers.

photo IMG_37101_zps2a8ebb9d.jpg
 photo IMG_37121_zps0a263b17.jpg

Angela( i think) didn't quite make it up the trellis, She'll be trimmed when she's done and retrained.
 photo IMG_36841_zps9c729fb4.jpg

Hyde Hall, one of 2 I picked up, masses of flowers on both, Will train after done flowering

photo IMG_36831_zps768e6476.jpg

And lastly, not a clematis but my Dogwood Venus, Had to go out of my way to get one as shes supposedly not hardy here but she made it through our horrendous winter and is a traffic stopping showstopper her very first year. This is week 4 of blooms! Lost 3 branches last night because of such strong winds here but still beautiful.
 photo IMG_37001_zpsca8deca7.jpg

photo IMG_36981_zps2fe05216.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clematis Newbie-Couple pics

whoops not belle of woking but duchess of edinburgh! Still learning!

o

Your plants all look happy and healthy. In a few years that fence will be stunning, and even now it looks like it's a great improvement over the fence without clematis.

Also, glad to hear that the Venus dogwood has done well. I've been thinking about doing a bit of zone pushing with one of the kousa hybrids.

o

Very nice plants! And your husband did a pretty good job there too. The dogwood is stunning, and you just might have the microclimate there to keep it going, you never know. I'm growing some peach and cherry trees here that are not supposed to survive Minnesota winters. Thank you for sharing!
Grow

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here