Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clematis sources in southwestern Ontario or mail order anywhere i

Posted by sharon_can 6B (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 1, 10 at 10:38

There was a thread a couple of years ago about purchasing clematis in Canada and I wondered if anything new had turned up since. I have about 200 so am looking for something unusual. Aside from an odd one at a box store, I purchase mostly from Garden Import (mail order) and Lost horizons, Acton (no mail order). Anything new out there?
S

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clematis sources in southwestern Ontario or mail order anywhe

Sharon, I was the one that posted originally, I think. I've since purchased some from Lindenburg Seeds. They were VERY inexpensive, but also very tiny! I potted them up for the summer, planted them last fall, and they've all come up this spring. However, here, patience is a virtue....I don't expect anything much from them for another year or so. I would be very interested to know of any other place that mail-orders larger plants also. I see so many on this forum that we just can't get in Canada (not even at Garden Import).
Judith

o

Clearview Clematis is located Aldergrove B.C. and is one of the largest suppliers of clems to anywhere in North America (many of the popular internet clematis sources purchase their plants as starts or plugs from Clearview) and they do direct online sales a well.

Plants are typically small - 3.5" pots - but a good variety and a healthy product.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clearview Clematis

o

I need help. I see no way of ordering anything but a book.
S

o

Clearview doesn't do retail, boohoo.
I have writen to them on several occasions.

o
Re-oops

Oops, make that written to Clearview.
I wish there was a way to edit posts.

o

gardengal
You state Clearview Does "direct online sales as well". How do I do it?
S

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here