Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzymac_gw

Pictures from this season so far...

suzymac
18 years ago

Here are a just few pictures of what I have blooming now. This is a wonderful time of year for a clematis lover !

Prince Charles and Etoile Violet:

{{gwi:598377}}
{{gwi:598380}}
Romantica, Huldine and Warsaw Nike:

{{gwi:598384}}
Florida Sieboldi:

{{gwi:598388}}
Venosa Violacea:

{{gwi:598392}}
Duchess of Albany:

{{gwi:598396}}
'Hania' with a pink rose:

{{gwi:598399}}
Suzy

Comments (15)

• esthomizzy
    18 years ago

Oh they are lovely :)

• Bless_My_Bloomers
    18 years ago

You have some beautiful pairings, Suzy. Nice shots too.

And, I concur...best time of year for clematis lovers!

Bloomers

• greenthumbdgirl
    18 years ago

Wow Suzy!! No wonder you are such a pro on this board!! I am in love!!

Truly your 'Florida Sieboldi' is one of the most gorgeous I have seen so far!! I have a 'Dr Ruppel' that is paired with a pink knockout shrub rose, so I am looking forward to that combo over the years (just planted the Dr Ruppel). Thanks for sharing!

• golden_ca_2000
    18 years ago

Absolutely beautiful - Thanks for sharing!!

• gardengirl_17
    18 years ago

Gorgeous Suzymac! You are one of the reasons that I went completely insane this spring and bought so many clematis! LOL. Your photos are inspirational and I can't wait until some of my little babies get that big!
    Kim

• bkarry
    18 years ago

Oh my goodness. Those take my breath away.

• jackie_o
    18 years ago

You've got some really lovely combinations!

• carefreeplants
    18 years ago

Just awesome clematis plants, Suzy. Your garden photos are such delight to look at, giving me my first smile for the day!

Thank you for sharing.

• LauraOP
    18 years ago

A picture is worth a thousand words, but using one word... "beautiful". Thanks for all your help with my posted questions suzymac!
    Laura

• scoutsadie
    18 years ago

Your pictures brought a smile to my face! Thank you!

Rebecca

• flowerfan2
    18 years ago

Your photo's are beautiful. I am especially jeolous of your Huldine. I have read so many posts raving about this clematis and have had no luck with it. I bought one 4 years ago and the first year it produced tons of foliage and no flowers. The second year it produced less foliage and no flowers. The third year it died. I am trying it one more time. Last year I planted it and this year it is producing lots of foliage again. There is not one single flower bud on it. I am fertilizing the same as all my other clematis and it is growing in a west exposure. I am going to give it one more year and then try something else. I don't know why I can't get this one to bloom. Karen

• suzymac
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Karen, what fertilizer are you using ? Do you prune yours before the season starts ? Also, how much sun does your Huldine get ? This Huldine took 3-4 years to explode. It gets a half day of sun. This is the first year it has flowered this well and produced so many stems. Since that picture was taken it has even more flowers !
    I think Huldine is a bit finicky at first, but when it gets going it is worth the wait. If I were you, I would try to get some 'Espoma Rose Tone fertilizer' if you can find it there. It has the perfect balance for clematis.
    Suzy

• josey1127
    18 years ago

as always, lovely Suzy!!!!!

• flowerfan2
    18 years ago

Thanks for the advice Suzy. I fertilize them with liquid miracle grow formulated for tomatoes. I have 70 clematis and they all bloom but this one. It gets at least 8-10 hours of sun a day and I cut it back hard every spring. I guess I will give it a few years and hopefully it will flower for me ehen it matures. I will try the fertilizer you recommend. Thanks. Karen

• jeanne_texas
    18 years ago

Suzy..as usual your Clematis are just breathtakingly beautiful..I love the Rose and Clematis Combo of course..thanks for sharing...jeanne