Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trying again...any clue who she is?

Posted by jumpindogs 4-5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 12:11

Apologies if this comes through twice. I posted last night and still cannot see my post so I am trying again. And this time I am including a FB link since I can't seem to find the upload feature here even though I used it yesterday. Does anybody recognize this Clem? Thanks again so much!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/564835_473919515957921_100000196316899_96735770_1585299381_n.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trying again...any clue who she is?

The FB link didn't work but I think I figured out where my original message landed...images are posted to the Gallery section and messages posted that way do not show up on the Discussion section? Anyway, my original message with the accompanying image is in the Gallery. Sorry for my fumbling and thanks for any help you can offer!

o

Comtesse de Bouchard perhaps

o

Thanks for the suggestion buyorsell88! I have a Comtesse in another location and they do not look like the same plant. Plus my Comtesse blooms later than this girl so I didn't consider that. But now that I look closer the flower looks almost identical. I wonder if there is a close relative to Comtesse that blooms earlier?

o

Try this link

Here is a link that might be useful: jumpingdogs clematis

o

Clematis Comtesse de Bouchard?
Thanks to all who helped me figure out how to post a picture! The process was far from intuitive for my old blonde brain. Here she is. I didn't think Comtesse de Bouchard since I have one in a different location and not only does she flower at a different time but the flowers are not identical. But this sure does look like the Comtesse flowers I checked out online. Thanks again for the ID!

o

This is another I don't grow so perhaps I shouldn't add a comment, but this quote is from Joy Creek's website:

"For those needing a late season bloomer, Clematis 'Madame Baron-Veillard' (1885) is an excellent choice. This looks very much like 'Comtesse de Bouchaud' with textured sepals surrounding creamy filaments with green anthers."

Here is a link that might be useful: old garden web thread : Madam Baron Veillard and Comtesse de Bouchaud

o

Thanks for the link! I think buyorsell888 is correct and that she is CDB. The tepals are definitely "wavy; strongly grooved along the midribs" as described in COTW. Thanks again for all the much appreciated assistance.

o

• Posted by dlbk 6a (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 19:14

Check out 'Shooun' @ clematis on the web:
http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=414

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here