Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! My clematis look weird!

Posted by sandy1186 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 17, 10 at 12:22

Hey everyone!

I have a white clematis. Sorry, I don't know the variety, tag is long gone. The flowers are smaller than most varieties. It has bloomed white for 3 to 4 years, no problem. This year the blooms are 1/2 green and 1/2 white and the flower petals are kind of curly, the buds look weird but the leaves don't look bad. I've tried to find info online and don't see anything like this. Has anyone had this happen and if so, what do I do? Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! My clematis look weird!

Common response to unusual weather, very common if it is Alba Luxurians.

o

Yep, it sounds just like Alba lux.

o

Yes that's it!! You guys are the best! I looked it up online and yep, it looks just like my plant. Glad to hear it's normal. Thanks!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here