Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clematis - Not Sure What Kind?

Posted by kim1012 5b (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 14, 10 at 13:41

Greetings & Salutations!

My husband and I recently purchased a new home and I'm slowly trying to identify much of the trees, plants, etc that are scattered throughout our property.

I am relatively new to all things gardening, so forgive me if my terminology is incorrect - please feel free to correct me!

I believe it is Clematis - there are a couple of these growing in the front of the house in the landscaping along a wooden fence rail. As we moved in mid-May, it has been a wonderful experience to see what new flowers have opened!

I took this photo one rainy evening - would any one happen to know what variety this is?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and look at my photo - and thanks for the wealth of information found on this site!

Here is a link that might be useful: Clematis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clematis - Not Sure What Kind?

• Posted by katie Zone 8a NoCA (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 14, 10 at 14:34

My guess is HF Young.

Katie

o

I agree looks like H.F.Young...Jeanne

o

Yes, it sure does look like HF Young.

o

Thanks for the replies!!

o

look at the photos at silverstarvinery.com I think I've seen it there, search under purple-lavender.

Lux.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here