Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dragonfly_field

What is wrong with my clematis please?

dragonfly_field
9 years ago

I bought this pink champagne clematis about a month and a half ago from jerry's home improvement store. I should have planted it by now but had to wait til we moved. It has a horrible red/brown discoloration on it's leaves that is getting worse. I honestly can't remember if any leaves were this way when I bought it. I also bought a westerplatte the same day and it doesn't look this way, though I think I found a few leaves turning like this and plucked them off. My mother in law has two Nelly Moser she got at jerry's and their leaves are turning this color as well, however she has two jackmanii from a local garden center planted right in with the Nelly Mosers and their leaves are not this way. So maybe it isn't something that is contagious? Please help, this is my first year growing clematis (my mother in law's first year as well)

Also this clematis has not bloomed yet at all. It is supposed to bloom may and june and again in September but there has been no sign of buds even though it's almost three times as big as my westerplatte that is in the same class and it has bloomed already. Sorry this song thanks for reading!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler