Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for clematis 'olgea'

Posted by jxa44 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 15, 09 at 16:10

hi fellow clematis lovers,

i am looking for several clematis in the integrifolia group. i have been searching for 'olgea' for several years with no success. does anyone have a source for this clem? or another good source for integrifolias other than joycreek nursery?

many thanx in advance.

joyce

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for clematis 'olgea'

Are you looking for Olgae? Not sure if that was a typo or not.

o

yes -- do you have a source?

o

I got Olgae a couple of years ago at a local nursery. It was a Monrovia plant. You could email them to ask if they still supply it.

o

Email Monrovia. I looked at their website and didn't see it listed, but they might have it later.

http://www.monrovia.com/learn/plant_catalog/search.php?search_term=clematis&preview_image=off&page=1&x=9&y=9

o

Joyce, I sent you an email. Let me know if you got it.

o

I am assuming it's Clematis 'Olgae'. When searching for plants, I often type the plant name + " nursery" in the search engine.

Here is a link that might be useful: possible sources

o

Jxa44,

I forgot to mention that the nursery I purchased Olgae from doesn't mailorder plants; their specialty is landscaping.

o

thank you everyone --

carol, your search suggestion is one that i hadn't tried before. i usually search for the plant name + cart (or buy). your suggestion found other nursuries i hadn't considered.

I hope with all of your collective feedback, i'll be able to finally find this plant :)

happy gardening all,

joyce

o

Thank you, Carol, for your search strategy. You've just saved me countless hours of rummaging through the various nurseries' websites.

Joyce, I fell in love with Olgae a while back too, and had despaired of ever owning her. Since then of course I've fallen in love with several others similar to her, and right now I'm watching my little Ozawa's Blue leafing out -- she may be a good enough substitute when she gets around to flowering. But I hope you get your Olgae!

o

I have Olgae as well as Integrifolia and Gazelle. Planted at the base of peonies.
May I suggest starting from seed? Yes they cross pollinate and you could get something incredibly fantastic.

I started seed in January of last year. The seeds germinated about April of 2008. I planted up about 15 gazelle and 6 are about to produce flowers!
Both parents are flowering right now as well and will produce flowers till frost here.

I will save seed of Olgae as a matter of course (and will share) but the results could almost be faster this way then waiting for a mature plant to appear on the market.
Just an option if you have no luck mail order.

Dana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here