Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katie_gw

A Tour of My Garden

katie
13 years ago

Since I'm having problems posting pictures to this forum here is a link to my photo album on Photobucket. This is my best clematis year ever!

Katie

http://s841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/katiesclematis/Garden%202010/?albumview=slideshow

Comments (20)

• jeanne_texas
    13 years ago

Katie..I've viewed your gardens for many years and they seem to grow more beautiful with each passing year and each new clematis you plant to enhance all of it..Your Patio is a delicious place to sit and view it all..and your Clematis Walk with the Pergola is superb...and I adore seeing "Mme. Julia Correvon" growing up your JP!! Thanks for sharing..I am saving your albums on my computer for future drooling time...Jeanne

• jeanne_texas
    13 years ago

I meant growing up your JM..Japanese Maple

• hosta_house
    13 years ago

You have created a very special place, thanks for sharing.

• katie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I owe the beauty of this year's clematis all to you. I did my usual early spring mulching and feeding then sometime in April I started feeding them Alfalfa Tea according to your easy instructions. Each clematis has received at least 2 feedings. The difference is incredible! I've had clematis (such as Prinsesse Alexandra) bloom this year when they have never bloomed before. Huvi and Honora are also wonderful bloomers this year as was Beth Currie. Ramona wilted back (about 70%) and is now back out, has several blooms and more buds coming on.

Katie

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Wow Katie, what a wonderful place you have created. Must feel like your in Paradise all the time. Looks like you have enough plants that it's always blooming time around your home. Just beautiful.

So I hope you and Jeanne will discuss more on how you feed the clematis with tea. I'd love to hear more about this if your ready to let me in on your secret.

Punk

• neptune44
    13 years ago

Katie, your place is like a magic dream! Thank you for sharing

• buyorsell888
    13 years ago

Your garden is outstanding, I'm very jealous...

• soinspired
    13 years ago

Another lovely sanctuary. I'm so jealous too!

• diane_v_44
    13 years ago

Katie
    I can't get it to open Darn it sure sounds nice
    I am getting some interesting clematis growth in my gardens as well
    Way up here in Canada

• katie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Diane, did you highlight the whole line (including the http), copy it and paste it into a completely empty address line in your browser? Please ask if you still have questions. It should work.

Katie

• kitkat_oregon
    13 years ago

Katie, your garden is absolutely gorgeous. In the photo of Betty Corning on the clematis house, please tell me what the shrub is to the right of her. Thanks, Kat

• Diannadesigns gardens
    13 years ago

Katie,
    Just breathe taking!!!

Wish I could sit and talk to you and sip some iced tea and enjoy your patio!

Where do you get your archways? Inspiring!
    Dianna

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

that weeping cedar is such a great backdrop for your bird bath! Very unusual!

And all those clematis... they're just amazing, it's like a little eden or secret garden.

• katie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kat, Betty Corning is flanked on either side by Rose of Sharons. I love them because they bloom later in the season and come in blues, pinks and whites.

Dianna, A lot of my pergolas are built by myself with wood 4X4 for the posts then covered with green wire. The round top arches are mostly made of welded rebar. I had a friend who made them for a while but he doesn't anymore. I have several pieces from him.

The Weeping Cedar was a gift from my Mom over 15 years ago, it was only 3 ft high. I planned for it to be the centerpiece in my garden. I love it because it looks like a waterfall.

I have been designing and building this garden for almost ten years. Now, let's see, where can I put more clematis........

Katie

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

You've made a very lovely garden, Katie. I like the pergolas and may add one or more to my garden.

I also like the weeping cedar, a beautiful focus point.

Yesterday I dosed my clems with alfalfa tea. With the good rainfall we have had in June they are growing and blooming nicely.

• jeanne_texas
    13 years ago

"Now, let's see, where can I put more clematis........ "

Ahhhh..Katie the Truest words of a Clem lover..I am ALWAYS looking for places to "squeeze" in MORE clematis..thanks for reaffirming my feelings...Jeanne

• daytona1
    13 years ago

So beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing the photos.

• blue23rose
    13 years ago

Your garden is very beautiful. You have such light colors everywhere and everything seems to flow.

Vickie

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Katie, thank you for sharing your enchanted garden with us. Thank your mom for the lovely cedar- it was a gift not only to you, but to all of us as well.
    Renee

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH