Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growing an Integrifolia Olgae

Posted by chickadee__3a z 3a Ontario (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 27, 14 at 17:39

I just bought an integrifolia olgae and am not sure how to go about growing it . I have other "climbing" clematis which have been doing well for several years. I understand these are not climbers and do not get very big all of which is fine. Do they need some sort of support etc.? Are there any clematis experts out there who can give some advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growing an Integrifolia Olgae

Some folks like to provide support - I prefer to just allow them to spread and ramble between other plantings.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clematis integrifolia group

o

Thanks so much Gardengal. I read the link you posted. I was attracted by the lovely bell shaped flowers but I see they can be lovely in a whole different way than the climbers. In my zone we are limited in what we can grow so I am looking forward to having a go at this clematis.

o

I like to grow mine through a cross hatched peony hoop.

o

mnwsgal - I absolutely love your clematis. I am going to have to try that for my next non climbing clematis that I buy!

chickadee - I am starting two rooguchis and having them grow up 7' obelisk trellises. Since I just got them I don't have much feedback on how they do but that is another way you can grow them!

o

I should of come here sooner.haha I just shared a picture of
mine today growing on a trellis. I've had to baby it along so it
climbs up and not out. Goes to show I haven't been growing
clematis for years and years. DD bought mine on
clearance last year at a green house. No instructions
included.LOL

Punk

o

It looks just lovely though! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here