Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please hep ID

Posted by pamm 5A IL (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 3, 08 at 18:36

I bought this plant at Lowes last summer. It didnt have a tag, but it did have one single bloom. Now its got double (is that the right term?) blooms. Can anyone identify it? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please hep ID

Not really into the type IIs so others with more experience with them may be able to better guide you. However the first thing that popped into my head was that it might be the double flowering form of Piilu.

o

That is what it looks like to me but I'm not positive.

o

I think it is Patricia Ann Fretwell.

Patricia Ann Fretwell

I had one last year but the roots rotted.

Marie

o

• Posted by pamm zone 5A IL (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 5, 08 at 10:54

Thanks for the responses. Ill look into those names.

o

I agree with Marie. It is 'Patricia Ann Fretwell'.

o

Don't think it is Patricia Anne Fretwell based on COTW's description of the inner tepals and the picture:

"Outer tepals are reddish pink, fading to pale pink at the edges. Inner tepals are palest pink with a narrow, deep pink stripe."

In the OPs original picture, all the tepals look similarly colored with no variation in the inner and outer tepals. Check out the link below to the picture on COTW.

Here is a link that might be useful: Patricia Anne Fretwell.

o

I agree with Miguel..it's the double form of "Piilu"...Jeanne

Here is a link that might be useful: Piilu

o

It looks wavy like 'Piilu' to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here