Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clematis mystery

Posted by huffinator MN (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 7, 10 at 20:07

I have a clematis growing in my garden that I have not planted! There was not a clematis growing there when I planted my garden. I have several clematis growing around the area but nothing like this one. It is white with pink stamens (I think that's what they're called). The 5 petals are all white. This is the third year it has been growing and it has two stems growing up with only a flower on each one. I would attach pictures but I don't know how to do this at this time. Can anyone help me identify the clematis and/or how it got to be? I would appreciate any feedback that I can get!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clematis mystery

It's probably a seedling. Seedlings are fun because you can end up with a nice clematis that no one else has ever seen.

You need to sign up for a free PhotoBucket account to post photos.

o
RE: Clematis mystery

After you sign up for a PhotoBucket account and upload your pics there, use this information to put the photo in your post, this helped me a lot:
[Make sure your files and in .jpg or .gif. Try not to make your photos really large. 500 pixels x 500 pixels or 4" x 4" is a good size - medium size on PhotoBucket.]
Next, type within your messge the HTML below replacing "file location and photo name" with your photo URL address:
< img src="file location and photo name">
from the Photo Bucket site, under the picture you want to upload, highlight the Direct Link option, copy and then paste it in between the quotation marks (it worked for me this way.)
A small note: in trying to type the HTML above I had to put a space after the first <. there should NOT be a space after it when you type it. I got this info from Garden Web's faq's.

o
photos

If your photos are big you can also add width=650 after you paste the photo URL and before the closing html tag. To get the URL right click on the photo and copy image location. You can leave the quotation marks out of the html too, I always do.

I use 650 as an example. This photo is 650 pixels wide and I think it is a good size. At least no one has ever complained.

Clematis Bijou last year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here