Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
formerly_twixanddud

Clematis 'Miniseelik'

Just wanted to share my excitement about this new-to-me clematis that I bought on Friday - I just couldn't pass it up, it was too stunning! I hadn't heard of it before I saw it and bought it at a local nursery, but I see that a few people have ordered this one from Chalk Hill's sale. Anyway, my picture doesn't really capture the true color quite accurately (in the picture it looks a little washed out), it's really more of a glowing violet color to my eye. I hope I continue to like it as much as I do right now!

{{gwi:604829}}

Comments (13)

• cnetter
    15 years ago

Oooh, I just bought this one from Chalk Hill!

• alina_1
    15 years ago

It looks just like my mislabeled Clemmie!

{{gwi:584938}}

I think I've got a 'Miniseelik'!

• eden_in_me
    15 years ago

If yours is anything like the one I got last year, it will be a real energizer bunny. Mine was loaded with buds when I got it, and started blooming on 5/26. The last 3 flowers were almost gone when I photographed it on 7/1.

This year, not having spent the Winter with a Southern grower or in a greenhouse, it is just starting to develop buds now, It had completely died down, as did most of my newer clems, in the snowiest Winter I have seen in a long time. 2 or 3 stems are about 10 inches tall now, but it didn't get much taller last year, even with the head start. But it sure had plenty of flowers.

Marie

• jeanne_texas
    15 years ago

Just beautiful Twix...I too ordered that one from ChalkHill...very pretty...Jeanne

• LindaMA
    15 years ago

Lovely! I may order one myself, I'm debating on whether or not I should order a couple more, seeing that there's a sale and all. Just need somewhere to put them.

Linda

• buyorsell888
    15 years ago

I just saw a whole bunch of Piilu's in full bloom at Lowe's which are labeled Miniseelik!

Same grower tag as in the photo above.

• alina_1
    15 years ago

Oh my!!! I guess that confirms that my 'Piilu' is 'Miniseelik'! I will check our local Lowe's for 'Piilu'. Thanks BorS!

• buyorsell888
    15 years ago

I remembered this thread when I saw them and realized they were from the same grower. I normally don't shop Lowe's but was after a Hydrangea that only they carry. Sadly, it too was mismarked so I didn't get it.

• bradarmi
    15 years ago

I just ordered it from Chalk Hill as well, and was relieved to find it flowered most of the summer. I plan on using it up a lamppost surrounded by shrub roses that flower heavily in May and again in September. The Miniseelik will cover most of the summer for some interest. Thanks guys.

• pump_toad
    15 years ago

I spent most of the afternoon checking Garden Centers to see what they had on sale. Most looked quite sad but Lowe's had a large pot that was labeld Miniseelik but I didn't buy it because I wanted to check COTW to see if it was a group 3.
    Now I am wondering if it is Pilu instead. One was blooming and I would consider almost a light lavender.It didn't look anything like the Miniseelik on COTW.
    Do you think it is mislabled ?
    Lois

• buyorsell888
    15 years ago

I saw a bunch of Piilus at Lowe's labled Miniseelik. Piilu has a dark bar down the center of each tepal. It isn't solid light lavender.

It is entirely possible that the mislabeled Clems were shipped nationwide. It would be more weird if only one Lowe's had them.

• eden_in_me
    15 years ago

I saw some labeled Piilu at Lowes last month and they looked more like Marmouri, another Kvistik clem.

Marie

• ljlatin03
    15 years ago

How tall is clematis "Miniseelik" and How big is the flower? can it be planted in partial shade?

jose

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz