Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lots of Blooms, Alba too

Posted by butterclem z6 W.PA (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 9, 09 at 21:41

Lalalandwi suggested I follow up my post worrying about my oddly shaped Alba Luxurians buds with some posts (after they bloomed and put me out of my misery). So, while, I'm at it, here's just about everything in bloom now. I labeled these in Photobucket, but somehow the labels didn't come through, so here's the sequence: Alba Luxurians, Prince Charles and Etoile Violette, Arabella, Margot Koster, Savannah, Sizaia Ptitsa, Hakuree, Betty Corning, and an overall shot of the arbor, which will eventually (a few weeks, I trust) be lined with Prince Charles, Etoile Violette, Duchess of Albany, and Emilia Plater.

Alba Luxurians

Prince Charles, Etoile Violette

Arabella (penstemon,heptacodium)

Margot Koster

Savannah

Sizia Pitsia

Hakuree

Betty Corning

Arbor

Yet to bloom are Dutchess of Albany, Emilia Plater, Palette, Harlow Carr and Gazelle. With the exception of Etoile Violette, this is just the second year these plants have bloomed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lots of Blooms, Alba too

I LOVE IT!! 2 yrs only?! They look a heck of alot more established than that!

I really like how you have your intregrifolias growing. Another thread is going on about it & I'll link her here to see this!

PC & EV make a beautiful combo & love how you've trained MK along the fence.

Your fountain garden is beautiful! Which one is growing on the right?

o

Love the fountain garden!!!

o

Hi,

The two clems to the right of the fountain are Duchess of Albany (closest to the fountain) and Emilia Plater (to the right of DofA). They both have lots of buds, but no blooms yet.

I must confess I'm not completely satisfied with DofA there. She's not a great clinger, and tying her to the deer netting behind the trellis interferes with Emilia Plater's growth. Also, if I disappear for a few days (and I've had to do that a lot this year because I'm taking care of my mother) she's drooping so much foliage when I get back that tying her up is a bit scary (and in fact I have accidentally killed stems while doing so).

Thanks for all your kind words.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here