Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeffb_fairwood

Another mystery clematis

jeffb_fairwood
11 years ago

Someone told me this was "Tie Dye" but it looks different from the photos online. Any thoughts?

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/jeffbowers/?action=viewät=clematis2012.jpg

Comments (11)

• alina_1
    11 years ago

It is definitely NOT Tie Die. It is a large flower (group II) hybrid, not group III like TD. President maybe?

• jeffb_fairwood
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, alina_1, for the response. It does look a lot more like President in shape and size.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    11 years ago

Looks a lot like 'Teksa', which is a LFH with denim blue color and some lighter streaking/stipling. Teksa means "denim" in Estonian.

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

I'm thinking 'The President' with weather caused changes....Doesn't look like 'Teksa' to me due to the shape of the tepals and color of the anthers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Teksa

• bob414
    11 years ago

Yes, the anthers look like The President but that blue shade is really off.

• jeffb_fairwood
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I appreciate the follow-up posts with suggestions. I wondered, too, if the streaking variegation in the petals is environmental or as a result of a virus, but I seem to recall having bought it because of its variegation some years ago. Frankly, I thought I'd lost it 4 years ago and it came back from the dead last summer, much to my surprise. The fall blooms were small compared to these spring blooms, as expected, but no less variegated.

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

To make a clickable link put your link in the optional link URL box below the message box then add a name in the name of the link box.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:606940}}

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

Whatever it is called it is a beauty!

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

Whatever it is called it is a beauty!

• jeffb_fairwood
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, mnwsgal!

Sponsored