Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another mystery clematis

Posted by jeffb_fairwood 8 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 2, 12 at 23:29

Someone told me this was "Tie Dye" but it looks different from the photos online. Any thoughts?

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/jeffbowers/?action=view¤t=clematis2012.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Let's try this link instead.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/jeffbowers/clematis2012.jpg

o
RE: Another mystery clematis

It is definitely NOT Tie Die. It is a large flower (group II) hybrid, not group III like TD. President maybe?

o

Thank you, alina_1, for the response. It does look a lot more like President in shape and size.

o

Looks a lot like 'Teksa', which is a LFH with denim blue color and some lighter streaking/stipling. Teksa means "denim" in Estonian.

o

I'm thinking 'The President' with weather caused changes....Doesn't look like 'Teksa' to me due to the shape of the tepals and color of the anthers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Teksa

o

• Posted by bob414 USDA 9, Sunset 15 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 3, 12 at 16:16

Yes, the anthers look like The President but that blue shade is really off.

o

I appreciate the follow-up posts with suggestions. I wondered, too, if the streaking variegation in the petals is environmental or as a result of a virus, but I seem to recall having bought it because of its variegation some years ago. Frankly, I thought I'd lost it 4 years ago and it came back from the dead last summer, much to my surprise. The fall blooms were small compared to these spring blooms, as expected, but no less variegated.

o

To make a clickable link put your link in the optional link URL box below the message box then add a name in the name of the link box.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jeff's another mystery clematis

o

Whatever it is called it is a beauty!

o

Whatever it is called it is a beauty!

o

Thanks, mnwsgal!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here