Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ament1970

OT My Fireworks Clem

Ament
12 years ago

Just thought I'd share my first bloom on my Fireworks Clem.

Bought it with an unopened bloom and just love it. :)

~Tina Marie

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:608302}}

Comments (7)

• Julia WV (6b)
    12 years ago

That one is nice. I went to the online clematis database to look up the stats.

Julia

• Ament
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It's planted to get half a days sunlight, but I think I need to move it to the front yard. I need to get wire for around my shepherd's hook though. :) Then I can move it to the front. So far it's doing pretty well where it's at though. I had bought it originally to let it run up one side of my deck.(Just one section of the deck)

~Tina Marie

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    12 years ago

I wouldn't consider a nice photo of one of your clematis in bloom to be off topic at all if that's what you meant by OT.

• Ament
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks nhbabs! :) Wasn't wanting to upset anyone by posting it here in discussions, but I wanted to share it. My very first one too. I couldn't help but share it. *g* I was so happy to see that it did bloom, even after taking it out of the pot and planting it. The image is true to color too. I had hoped it would be as brilliant as some of the fireworks I've seen, but it is still pretty.

~Tina Marie

• 111mariesnowgoose
    12 years ago

:-( I sincerely hope I'm not going to upset you, but I don't think it is Fireworks.

Even if this is the later, second flush of flowers, the anthers should be the same colour all the time and they're not - they're much too pale.

Also, my Fireworks flowers twice and the second flush of flowers is just as two-toned and bright as the first, only a bit smaller. Fireworks is a real bobby dazzler which is why I'm suspicious having seen your photo.

I could be completely wrong of course, and it is still a very pretty clematis!

See the link to Fireworks below

Here is a link that might be useful: Fireworks

• Ament
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I figured it wasn't when I saw that picture. Kind of irked me too. But what is one to do? *sigh* Nothing I can do about it now really. It's in the ground planted. I haven't a darn clue what it is, about ready to go back to Lowes and chew them out though. So disappointing. I certainly won't be buying another there. And they cannot use the excuse of the wind blowing the tag off it, it was elastic banded onto the bamboo trellis!

Oh well, In South Dakota, not really any nurseries I can go to, so I'm stuck with online services. LoL Sad really. Whatever I guess. :) Thanks though. I'll just trellis it, keep it as Unknown. *chuckles*

~Tina Marie

• bob414
    12 years ago

Don't be too hard on Lowes. I'm sure the tag was on it when they got it. Their supplier got it from a grower and someone working for the grower put the wrong tag on it.