Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adiro

Is this Elsa Spath?

adiro
15 years ago

Hi, I purchased several clematis throughout the spring and summer, and they are my first.

I bought two labeled Montana Alba, with a beautiful picture on the label. One of them didn't flower yet, one gave me some blooms, in spite of staying really small ( no more than two feet tall). When I planted it, I found a fingernail size label in the dirt, saying Elsa Spath. The big label hanging on the plant was Montana Alba, that was I was hoping for. The flowers look like this:{{gwi:609023}};

Unfortunatelly, thinking it's a montana I was hoping on it growing large and covering the fence, however it looks so small and insignificant behind the hydrangea that I have in front.... many catalogues list it as a compact container variety, is it elsa spath and will it stay small? {{gwi:609024}} The flowers are much smaller than the Elsa Spath description adn they look darker than the pictures I've found too.

Please confirm, or ID otherwise, thank you!

PS: Thanks to Carol, that explained how to post pictures, I was also testing the techinque in this post, I just opened a Photobucket account :)

Comments (4)