Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clem ID, can you help?

Posted by talynnp 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 23, 09 at 9:40

Here is a couple of pictures of what was labeled clem. Ramona when I bought it. I'd just like to be sure. I have had it for about 3 or 4 years and I cut it back after it bloomed this spring to about 12 inches above the ground. The earwigs and pill/sow bugs were having a feast and it looked terrible. It has grown to the top of the trellis since then. The trellis is 5 feet tall, I think.

Thanks in advance,
Tanya

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clem ID, can you help?

Not Ramona, she has red stamens

o

Thanks buyorsell, do you think maybe it is The President?

Tanya

o

I don't have The President and am not familiar with it close up like I am Ramona so I can't say.

o

It looks like Clematis "Rhapsody" to me..the pics on COTW doesn't do it justice as they are more blue.."Rhapsody" is one of the truer blues..IMHO...Jeanne

Here is a link that might be useful: Rhapsody

o

Thanks for all the replies. Jeanne, I believe you are right. The flowers open purple but fade to blue. It now has about 8 or 10 open flowers and more buds getting ready to explode!

Tanya

o

I agree that it looks like the Rhapsody that I bought this spring. Love the bluish flowers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here