Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's Amazing! My first buds & Blooms!!!

Posted by suebot 6CT (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 08 at 10:53

Hi All-
Just wanted/needed to share photos of my first buds on Duchess of Albany I ordered from Bluestones sale last summer and grew out in a 1 gallon container; DH did the painful pinching!

Other is my 1st clematis to bloom; my Polish Spirit bought at HD because I heard it was very easy to grow. That is just what I needed.

I feel like a proud first time mama!

Duchess of Albany 2008
Duchess of Albany
Polish Spirit 2008

Polish Spirit 2008

suebot in CT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's Amazing! My first buds & Blooms!!!

Wonderful Sue! They look so healthy. My DH can't understand the pinching, so I have to do it on mine.

I know you are happy with such beautiful plants. Congrats!

Kay

o

They have really taken off! Congrats, they are beautiful and healthy plants.

Carol

o

SUE!!...Clap!!Clap!!..you did good girl and your clematis look so healthy and happy..I am so proud of you on both posting pics and your loverly clematis!!..Jeanne

o

Thanks so much ladies!
I can't wait to post a picture of my DoA's first open flower! This computer is so addictive ever since I found this wonderful site. My DH doesn't have the patience to even learn how to use a computer so he wanted to know what the "H" I was doing last night and this morning or should I say morning until this afternoon sitting in front of my screen!!!!!!! I love reading the posts and looking at the pictures. Everybody is so generous with info and answering question after question. I appreciate all your help throughout the years, especially you, Jeanne the Clematis Queen! Girl, how many clemmies do you have now?

suebot in CT

o

Those are some really healthy clematis! Just lovely. Congratulations.

o

Sue..I quit counting a couple years back..LOL...it's best not to really know if you know what I mean...Jeanne

o

Contratulations on your impending blossoms, you should be really proud, your clems look great, good job! Isn't it a great feeling when all the work finally pays off.

Linda

o

Hi All-

I feel like I finally accomplished something meaningful and fullfilling! The DoA just bloomed; now if I can only learn how to use that fancy digital camera I'll be all set!!!!!!
I will be posting a picture of her lovely blooms soon enough!

Jeanne-I know what you mean, girlfriend!!

suebot in CT

o

The most wonderful thing to come Sue is that they only get more beautiful and bigger and better with age..you think you are thrilled now?..Just you wait gfffffff....Jeanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here