Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few new ones and others continue

Posted by nckvilledudes OrwellianzQ (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 08 at 11:22

Mary Rose has blooms but are not yet fully open.

Photobucket

Photobucket

In the same pot is a Vienetta that I got as a pathetic bareroot from Van Bourgondien this spring. It still is not totally reflective of what the flower should look like due to its age.
Photobucket

Solina and Hendryetta are coming along. One shot of one side of the combo (I wove some of the branches of Hendreyetta through the wire fencing to get it to climb).
Photobucket

From the other side.
Photobucket

I have two plants one labeled Ianthina and one fusca. The one labeled ianthina bloomed earlier this year and the one labeled as fusca is just now blooming but the blooms on the two plants are the same. Not sure why one would bloom early and one later since they are side by side and of the same age.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Wish I could get a good overall shot of texensis which has been blooming now for probably a month or so and is still loaded with buds forming and blooms.
Photobucket

The two pitcheri plants are blooming. I posted the pictures in the thread "Miguel Miguel we had a baby" that Dana posted.

The second of my viorna plants is blooming and its blooms are much more highly colored than the ones on my other plants. What is strange is that this one is in full sun and the other is in shade until late morning/early afternoon.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few new ones and others continue

Very nice. I ordered Solina from Chalk Hill recently. Now I can hardly wait.

o

Your new Wall of Clematis by the Patio is stunning this year Miguel..Clematis Solina is one of the best performers in my gardens..I have her combined with Clematis "Princess Di" and the two are gorgeous!!...Jeanne

o

One day you will go outside and your Texensis will be missing, as you scratch your head and wonder where it went, it will be in the back seat of my car speeding down the interstate for South Carolina :-). Your vines are so beautiful and healthy looking, the flowers are glorious! Love that sweet little Mary Rose. Any rain up there? We've just been upgraded to Extreme drought. Things are bad here!

Carol

o

Thanks all. Solina was a dud last year in my garden. It came up, wilted, I chopped it back and I might have gotten a couple of blooms on it late in the season, but this year she is doing much better.

Carol, if I can ever get any texensis seedlings going I will make sure you get one so my plant doesn't disappear. LoL

As for the rain, we actually got 1.2 inches last Sunday. That is the first measurable rain we have had in about a month or so. I was ecstatic since this week is the first week in a while that I didn't have to run the drip systems or soaker hoses. Even so, we are still in an extreme drought here and last week when I went down to Charlotte to visit my mom, I saw that they were in worse shape than us. The number of trees and bushes that have been killed since last year is just staggering. Here is hoping all of us here in the Southeast get much needed rain. I planted a few tomato plants I started from seeds but just let them die off so I would have that much less to water.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here