Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buyorsell888

Finally, some photos

buyorsell888
14 years ago

I just kept filling up the memory cards and not uploading them to the computer.

armandii 'Appleblossom'

{{gwi:611190}}

{{gwi:611195}}

alpina 'Ruby' dang earwigs have chewed these blooms

{{gwi:611200}}

alpina 'Tage Lundell'

{{gwi:611202}}

Comments (20)

• buyorsell888
    Original Author
    14 years ago

'Helios' and 'Barbara Harrington'

{{gwi:611206}}

'Gazelle'

{{gwi:611211}}

'Alionushka'

{{gwi:611215}}

• cnetter
    14 years ago

Beautiful.
    If I remember correctly, my Medley and Chinook should behave like your Gazelle, only different color blooms? How old is your Gazelle?

• buyorsell888
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I planted Gazelle last summer from a gallon pot purchased locally.

I know Chinook should behave similarly but am not familiar with Medley.

• buyorsell888
    Original Author
    14 years ago

'Rouge Cardinal'

{{gwi:611217}}

'Natascha'

{{gwi:611219}}

'Piluu'

{{gwi:611220}}

• tambo747
    14 years ago

Soooooo pretty! I only have two clematis, and I hope they eventually look like yours! Thanks for sharing pics ;)
    Tammy

• bellarosa
    14 years ago

Great pictures everyone! Thanks for sharing!

• judith5bmontreal
    14 years ago

Your clematis are stunning! I have never seen Armandii 'Appleblossom' sold around here, or in any of the catalogues I get. Wow, too bad...!

Judith

• buyorsell888
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Judith, I believe you get too cold for it.

thanks for the compliments everyone.

• mnwsgal
    14 years ago

Thanks for sharing your photos. Such lovely clematis. I also love armandii 'Appleblossom' but sadly it is not hardy here.

'Barbara Harrington' has just sprouted here. I thought it did not survive as it was a well rooted plant which I expected to show up earlier. Also have a couple of others that are just breaking the soil and some that haven't shown up yet.

I am waiting for 'Piluu' from Koi Gardens. Your photo reminds me that it is very beautiful.

• unprofessional
    14 years ago

I so wish I could grow Apple Blossom.

That Natascha is outstanding.

• stimpy926
    14 years ago

Forgive me, I may be ignorant here, but on the last pic, "Piluu" - double and single flowers on the same plant?

• stimpy926
    14 years ago

omg,,it does have both. Sorry....I had to sign off in a hurry earlier, and finally came back to google Piluu. Amazing what you learn every day in gardening

Wonderful photos buyorsell, keep posting! :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Clem. Piluu

• jeanne_texas
    14 years ago

BOS..Just stunning!! Makes me wanna plant Apple Blossom..your clematis are stunning as are your gardens...Jeanne
    ps..are your Alpinas in full sun?

• buyorsell888
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The Alpinas are in partial sun. About a half day, the pond area where they are planted is shaded by 2 or 3pm.

I just don't have much full sun. Neighbors have 60' tall Douglas fir trees and other neighbors have 20' tall arborvitae hedge that they never kept pruned and now it is too tall. Would be bare trunks if they whacked it down to a reasonable height.

YES, Piluu has both double and single flowers at the same time. It is a great bloomer.

Crystal Fountain
    who wilted to the ground after it bloomed.

{{gwi:611221}}

Clematis integrifolia
    {{gwi:611222}}

Bijou, please ignore the dang clover it is gone now
    {{gwi:611223}}

• walla2butterfly
    14 years ago

so pretty

• summermusicz4ia
    14 years ago

What is your integrifolia growing on? Cannot see a support in the pic but your clem is not flopping.
    Thanks.

• mnwsgal
    14 years ago

I am enjoying your photos more each time I open this thread.
    Armandii 'Appleblossom' has me pining. What is the white flower with 'Alionushka'?

• buyorsell888
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The integrifolia stands up straight when it blooms but then flops afterwards. I have now planted more plants around it to support it. Daylilies. It is short only about 18" tall.

Alionushka is growing over Hebe 'Red Edge' and in person the flowers are lavender fading to almost white.

Armandii is not one of my favorites. I have had trouble getting any kind of lush growth on it. I planted it to fill out a tall trellis to block the neighbor's teenage son from seeing into our hot tub. It grows long and lanky despite repeated prunings. It also sunburns and windburns. I've been trying to get this dang trellis covered with an evergreen vine for ten years. This isn't the first plant I've been discouraged with. We've had more than one neighbor with more than one teenage son. I'm no MILF to draw their attention but it gives me the creeps to try to relax in my tub when a boy is sitting out his window ledge above me smoking.

• arbo_retum
    14 years ago

888, so fun! what is the blue/white bar companion to rouge card.?coooool!
    mindy

• buyorsell888
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Venosa violacea is next to Rouge Cardinal. Prince Charles on the end not in the photo.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz