Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP with my clematis - No blooms

Posted by lakemayor 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 8, 11 at 15:11

I have had a clematis for years. I don't know what it is. It was given to me by a friend. It is a pale lavender. The first several years it bloomed wonderful, then the last several years it has hardly bloomed at all. I've pruned in down in the spring, then I've not pruned it in the spring and nothing is working. I fertilize with a all purpose time released fertilizer and then miracle grow. Nothing has helped. It has great leaves and is very full. What am I doing wrong?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP with my clematis - No blooms

Sounds like too much Nitrogen. Try an organic rose or tomato fertilizer.

o

buyorse11888, Thanks for the advice. Should I be fertilizing now or wait until next spring?

o

Try cutting it back a bit and doing it now.

o

Also just use compost. Nothing else.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here