Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blue23rose

Clem-less, but wanting to change all that

blue23rose
13 years ago

Hi all, I usually hang out on the daylily forum, but am in the market for some clematis and am turning to you for help.

I posted a question on organickittens post about MARIE LOUISE JENSEN and decided that I had better post my own message as well.

I would like something with a long bloom period, preferably late summer, and fragrant. I saw that RHAPSODY is a blue and is supposed to be fragrant, but I believe it is a spring bloomer. Would that be a good choice and could I combine it with a later blooming clem? How fragrant do clems get?

I saw a MARIE LOUISE JENSEN at Lowe's today and it looked so beautiful, but since I didn't know much about clematis, I knew I should wait and get some advise.

I am getting all excited about getting my first clematis, I don't know which to get. At any rate I will probably wait until next spring to get one started unless I find one that I simply must have. Here is the area that I want to put one or two, if two would be possible. It will be on the right side of the lattice (getting rid of the light pink hibiscus that isn't doing very well) and hopefully be able to trail over the little arbor.

{{gwi:582810}}

Thanks for any advise.

Vickie

Comments (2)