Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chills71

KGC Woes

chills71
14 years ago

I previously wondered if my variety selections were the reason for my total lack of anything being shipped. I'm thinking I just had the misfortune of ordering varieties which were difficult to get (perhaps??).

I ordered Walenburg, Dutchess of Albany, Triternata Rubromarginata and C. rehderiana 'Temple Bells'. Has anyone received these varieties? Also has anyone heard anything from KGC in the past 3 weeks or so? I've still not heard anything.

~Chills

Comments (6)

• unprofessional
    14 years ago

I received Walenburg in my first shipment.

Have not received my second one yet.

• eastautumn
    14 years ago

I didn't order any of the same ones that you did, and I did get my order, minus one clematis (integrifolia). I emailed him months ago about the missing integrifolia but have not heard anything back yet.

The ones I did get were healthy as can be. I pruned them when I planted them and then some sort of bug ate one to the ground so there was nothing alive above the soil. I assumed it was dead, but about a month or so later suddenly a bunch of new growth started popping out of the ground. So the roots seem much healthier than any that I got from Bluestone in the same size pots.

I'm not sure what to think about not getting any responses from the owner. I suppose I should try contacting him again, but it seems like it would be in vain...

• daylilyluver
    14 years ago

I was going to bump up the other thread. I received 3 of 4 that I ordered and received an email on 6/19 that it wasn't available (but still is according to the website). I asked for a refund that I have yet to receive. I tried a dispute with Paypal but my 45 days have long since past.

Negative feedback on gardenwatch will be forth coming.

• chills71
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I had the same problem with Paypal.

I did log a complaint with Paypal about this particular issue and noted that when I placed the order (Feb as is not uncommon when ordering plants for spring delivery) that I had requested a shipping date in Apr/May as that would be an appropriate planting time for my area and had I waited the varieties might not have been available..) I heard nothing back from Paypal either.

I think the attorney general and BBB in Missouri might be our next recourse.

~Chills

• daylilyluver
    14 years ago

I posted negative feedback on the GardenWatchdog website and updated it as it has been one month with no reply or refund of my money.

I anticipate contacting the Attorney General and BBB but after that I will wash my hands of this situation and never deal with this company again.

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

PayPal won't budge on the 45 day deadline for filing claims.

IF you funded your PayPal payment with your credit card, call your banks and file a chargeback though time for that may even be too late. Many banks allow 90 to 120 to even 180 days.

PayPal is only safe to use for purchases when you expect shipment right away. Use a credit card instead if it is an advance purchase.