Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lowes clem need input....

Posted by kris2001 6a - s.e.PA (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 2, 09 at 23:09

I am gonna buy some clems from Lowes...all $6 each..

I am gonna get 2 , pls advice which ones:

Miss bateman, Nelly moser, Fireworks, Ruutel.This is for my east facing area(gets morning sun)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lowes clem need input....

Are they blooming now at Lowe's? If not, chances are very good that they won't be correctly labeled.

Fireworks is really big when mature, Nelly and Ruutel would look really nice together. Miss Bateman and Ruutel too.

o

Well I bought em in clearance -- 50c each !! They were browned but with new green shoots!

I am guessing the odds that the label in lowes is incorrect is about 70% am I right?

Whats your % guess?!!

o

Hard to say, for that price and the previous price I'd buy them too but I wait for plants to bloom to make sure of who they are before planting into my garden because I'm very anal about color combinations.

I have about thirty mail ordered daylilies and bulb lilies all potted up right now waiting for blooms to set them out into the garden.

o

I have purchased many clems at Lowe's. Not one of them were mislabeled. Maybe I just got lucky.

o

At .50 each, how can you go wrong?! Great deal! Who cares what variety they are for that price. If it was me I would have bought them too. Grow them in containers until they bloom & place them from there. If you don't like them then you can always give them away, what's .50?
Congrats!

o

I have Miss Bateman and Fireworks east facing and they do great. But not in the same spot.
Fireworks is growing up a wisteria and Miss Bateman and explorer rose.
Dana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here