Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wisteria with a clematis?

Posted by lilyfinch 6 pittsburgh pa (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 12, 10 at 23:18

I am planning on training blue moon wisteria on my arbor (not the invasive kind) and i thought a nice clem mixed in with it would be pretty. maybe a pale pink or white? Something vigorous so it dosnt get lost in the wisteria, and maybe smaller flowered to contrast the large wisteria blooms? Any suggestions or even your thoughts on this plan , id appriciate it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wisteria with a clematis?

I have tried growing Henryi into my Chinese wisteria tree for the past few years. It's been disappointing because Henry, isn't vigorous enough. I've just bought Betty Corning to try instead - that one is certainly vigorous and I think the blue dangling bells might be the better look. We'll see....

o
RE: Wisteria with a clematis?

Clematis usually don't play well with others, they suffer when they have competition. Betty Corning is a good strong one though and may be fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here