Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
id help

Posted by tommydee 7 (tommyd402000@yahoo.com) on
Fri, Aug 8, 08 at 7:07

this is a clem that was planted by the previous owner it was mowed to the ground last summer. it came back nicely grew to over 6 feet it only recently put out a couple small blooms both seemed a bit deformed and several of the vines browned out,not sure if one of the critters broke some vines at the ground or what.it is in mostly shade gets maybe 3 hours sun a day

85.photobucket.com/albums/ll59/tommydee1234/?action=view¤t=Picture125.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: id help

How large is the flower? Is it a light blue or white? If it was mowed to the ground last year it is blooming on new wood so it would be in pruning group 2 or 3. Most type 2 have large flowers. Do you have another photo?

o

it is definitely white,large flowered unfortunately its the only pic i got the bloom didn't last long.it only bloomed at the top after it grew over the back of a six foot trelliss.i have had some 2s bloom on new wood before so im not sure.here is the closet i could find.http://www.climbing-plants.info/largeMid/MadameLeCoultre.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: copy and paste

o

oops, couldn't open your link.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here