Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fair Rosamund

Posted by funnelweb NSW Aust (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 08 at 9:12

Just had to post the picture I took today of my first clem of 6 recently planted. I know most have seen this variety before but, well, a bit of pride in it being the first and what a lovely flower!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fair Rosamund

GORGEOUS!!..And no I don't have that one growing in my gardens..what a beauty..congrats...Jeanne

o

Beautiful and interesting!

o

What a gorgeous picture and plant!

o

Thank you, thankyou Jeannie_texas - by the way, Jeannie, do you have C. Texensis (C. coccinea) 'Duchess of Albany'? It's alright, I'm just quoting from my book 'A Guide to Clematis', which I was browsing last night for Blondiesc, by Dr John Howells. There's no picture in the book, but looks like it'd be a lovely flower, but then, is there an ugly clem flower? Got to get back to Blondie on that one and will do so next message. Also, makes my aging heart glad to read the comments of janetpetiole (thank you Janet) and cocosflower. It is nice to know a flower that we (I) plant produces and impresses so! Thank you ladies - I presume you are all ladies! Thank you very much

o

Fair Rosamund is supposed to be scented. Does your have any scent?

o

Beautiful! I don't believe I've seen that clemmie before. I think I need one of those! Thank you for sharing.

o

No scent but a lovely flower. Flowers look better and last longer in a shady spot.

o

Sorry I haven't gotten back here, this computer crashed and has just cost me $150 to repair. According to my guide Fair Rosamund suppose to have a scent of violets! But I couldn't detect any. My guide is 'A guide to Clematis' by Dr John Howells.

o

Ooh, Rosamund is lovely. I have a three year old 'Duchess of Albany'. Love it.

o

A lovely pink and I like the cup shaped flower, very nice indeed, mnwsgal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here