Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hibiscusjoe

another try

hibiscusjoe
14 years ago

hello- I'm soooo dumb when it comes to computers. I'd love to post my clematis garden pics. I'd like them to post in the body of my posting and not as a link to another site. please oh please tell me how to do this. i posted awhile back for help and rec'd a suggestion but it didn't work. HELP

Comments (16)

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

Are your pics already on the web? On a website that allows linking like Photobucket? They have to be on the web, not just on your hard drive.

If so, then type (img src=paste the photo URL here, get it by right clicking and copy image location)

replace the parenthesis with html brackets

If your pictures are huge in preview, you can add width=600 after the URL to make them smaller so they won't break the board

• talynnp
    14 years ago

Hibiscusjoe, make sure you also put your image location in quotes. Be sure to put the html brackets at the beginning and end of the string.

Example:

img src="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

Tanya

• hibiscusjoe
    Original Author
    14 years ago

i have my images on photo bucket. now what do i do. sorry- i'm not with it here. what exactly do i type and what place on the post does it go.

• unprofessional
    14 years ago

Click on "Link Options" under your photo, and then choose the that says "HTML Code," and copy and paste that code into your message.

• hibiscusjoe
    Original Author
    14 years ago

i think I finally got it. but in the preview the pics are left to right and up and down. how do i make them just up and down.

• unprofessional
    14 years ago

I think I understand what you're saying, and when you post more than one picture, just hit the enter key after you paste each one, or even two times to separate them a bit more.

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

I never use quotes in my code and my images show up just fine.

I right click on my photo on Photobucket and paste the URL after (img src= )Instead of using Photobucket's code. I don't like looking at all the code under my photos so I have it all turned off. must use the correct brackets

• hibiscusjoe
    Original Author
    14 years ago

wow am i stupid. still can't make it work. this is the message i get "Message Rejected
    Either you did not provide a name for your link, or this does not appear to be a valid Internet URL"

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

Don't use the boxes for URLs and links that are below the box that you are typing in.

If I was putting a photo in this post I would type my html code right here.

• talynnp
    14 years ago

Have you uploaded your pictures to the internet? If so, view the picture on the internet, right click on the picture and choose the "Copy image location" option. Type your message on the forum, and hit your enter key once or twice. Begin your string with the <. after that type img src="then" right click and paste your link end the string with>.

Keep trying, you'll get the hang of it!

Tanya

• cnetter
    14 years ago

Here's the code for one of my images on photobucket:
    {{gwi:616335}}

I put it in the body of the message and I get this:
    {{gwi:616336}}

I got the image address by right clicking on the image and clicking on "copy image location".
    If you replace my image address with your image address in the above piece of code, it should work for you.
    If you want more than one image in a single post, with some space in between, just post one piece of code for one image, put in a carrage return or two and post the code for another image.

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

If you are hand typing it rather than using Photobucket's code it will work without the quotation marks.

I always hand type mine and have never used them.

(img src=http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p162/LeeAnne151/My%20Garden/Clematis/venosaviolacea.jpg?t=1250520355 width=600)

I had to change the to () to show the code otherwise the photo showed twice. I added the width=600 because the photo was really large. I copied the photo URL using right click "copy image location"

{{gwi:616337}}

• mnwsgal
    14 years ago

I find the talk of using brackets and parenthesis confusing.

1. Go to Photobucket, using the grid display
      2. Place mouse over photo to show info below
      *3. Click on the 2nd line under the photo (this is the HTML Code) and the word copied will appear.
      4. Come back to your message box and paste inside the message box where you want the photo to appear (the code will be pasted into the message). The code will be replaced by the photo when you hit preview.
      5. If you want other photos included repeat the above and paste each on separate line, I leave a blank line between photos
      6. Hit preview
      7. If you like what you see, hit submit

*A while back Photobucket had a bug they tried to fix resulting in my Mac computer no longer being able to copy the code by clicking on the HTML code so I have to highlight the code and copy with my mouse.

Hope this helps.

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

I do mine manually because I have my Photobucket account set to not show the code. I think it distracts from the photographs.

• mnwsgal
    14 years ago

In my Photobucket account the codes do not appear unless one moves the mouse over the photo in the grid. Agree that having all that info showing all the time would distract from the photos.

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

I've viewed other people's photos where all that was visible on every photo as soon as the page loads.

Mine is a paid account so maybe that is the difference. I can't remember, I set it up several years ago.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH