Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do you think of this trellis?

Posted by rdbrya2 none (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 11:07

This is the trellis I am looking to buy for my future clematis purchase :) I liked it was taller...although a little $$ I supposed. The 'wire' seemed thin enough and perfect for a clematis as opposed to the wood ones. Thanks!!

http://www.amazon.com/Gardeners-Supply-Jardin-Flower-Trellis/dp/B007XIVD44/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407769595&sr=8-1&keywords=jardin+flower+trellis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do you think of this trellis?

Very pretty!

o

Clematis will climb it easily, much better than wood but that is very expensive....you can use copper pipe or rebar and cattle fencing from feedstore for less.

o

I agree that the trellis will work well but is very expensive. Big box stores sell ones that are less expensive and look as nice. Nurseries carry trellis but again can be very expensive. For other ideas put trellis in the search box at the bottom of the page and there will be links to several threads.

o

It depends what you are putting the trellis up against. When we plant clematis to grow on our perimeter stockade fence, we put up panels of melon netting or chain-link like wire panels which will turn rusty and be hidden by the foliage. But if the panel is going in an up-close visibility area, a trellis is a nicer option, and this one looks pretty straightforward and useful and you won't have to worry about wood decomposing..

o

I agree with gardengal. Both big box stores in my area have several that are a similar height but much less expensive. Have you checked Lowes and Home Depot? Are also available at these stores online if I remember correctly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here