{{gwi:618094}}

{{gwi:618097}}

{{gwi:618099}}

{{gwi:618101}}

{{gwi:618103}}

{{gwi:618104}}

{{gwi:618106}}

{{gwi:618109}}

The close ups are of Lasurstern and Daniel Deronda growing together.

The clematis in the fence are Perle d'Azur, Victoria, Emilia Plater, Blekitny Aniol and a first year Vyvyan Pennell and Lasurstern.

A BIG Thank You to all who helped me figure out how to post my pics- especially Tanya.

Comments (27)

• talynnp
    14 years ago

Well I must say it was certainly worth every minute of anticipation! What a beautiful yard. I am drooling just looking at your clems. Wish mine looked that good! And you are very welcome. Glad I could help!

Tanya

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

Very nice!!!

• janepa
    14 years ago

Beautiful clematis!!! What is the name of the clematis you are holding?

Thank you. Jane

• kentstar
    14 years ago

OH my god! I wish mine looked like yours! Absolutely lovely! A beautiful job on your yard. How old are the big ones there? Mine are all first and second year, so are still sleeping and creeping really slowly. :(

• cnetter
    14 years ago

Wow, the best thing ever to do with a wooden fence!

So lush and healthy.

• stimpy926
    14 years ago

Wow!!! Gorgeous! Congrats on learning how to post your pictures, we can all enjoy your efforts.

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

I'm so jealous of that lush garden. Mine is fried from record heat and neighbor's tree roots sucking every drop of moisture from the soil no matter how much I water. Earwigs and root weevils have all but destroyed many of my Clems too. Jealous, Jealous, Jealous.

• hibiscusjoe
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jane, the clematis I'm holding is Lasurstern.

kentstar, the big ones are 4 years old. all of the others are older with a few new additions this year and last. i've been hooked on clematis since 1990.

• hibiscusjoe
    Original Author
    14 years ago

one more pic
    {{gwi:618112}}

• judith5bmontreal
    14 years ago

Buyorsell, I can relate....my neighbour let ANOTHER Norway Maple seedling grow into a 30 foot (so far) monster, and planted a pine tree, now huge, right against my fence, beside the mature (unknown name) tree already in the corner. All this in a yard no bigger than 20' x 30'! I'm watching everything shrivel before my very eyes, even with copious amounts of water. I'm very thankful I'm not on a water meter...
    Judith

• unprofessional
    14 years ago

Really lovely garden. Definitely worth the effort it took to get your photos posted. :)

The transition from your home to the wall is a fantastic way to soften that corner.

• ingridkl
    14 years ago

Georgious pictures, what a beautiful sight.

• kentstar
    14 years ago

I just loved the blue and white together. Gorgeous! I also love your japanese irises. Very pretty.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    14 years ago

Wow wow wow. I feel like my garden stinks now! Oy! Lol I must add more clematis. Your yard is spectacular!!!!!

• mnwsgal
    14 years ago

Very, very beautiful.

• cohouser
    14 years ago

Oh lordy. This is what my back yard wants to be when it grows up.

• Joan Dupuis
    14 years ago

Wonderful fence of clematis. I can feel for those of you that have neighbors large trees sucking up all the moisture in your gardens... besides the fact that all the roots spreading to your nice gardens. I blamed the fact that the clems nearest the trees that overhang my fence by at least 8 feet were doing poorly because of the trees blocking the sun, but it's probably only part of the problem, the main problem is probably underground where the roots are chocking my clems and steeling their water. Why would anyone plant norway maples 3 feet from their property line is beyong me. In the back, those neighbors have overgrown blackberry bushes and suckering poplar trees that are intruding underground in my gardens.

• pump_toad
    14 years ago

Just gorgeous!I have never seen a fence so beautiful.
    Lois

• hibiscusjoe
    Original Author
    14 years ago

need the instructions for posting pics again. I want to start a new thread of pics later this spring.

• bonitamariposa
    14 years ago

I'M SPEECHLESS - GOOD LORD WHY CAN'T YOU BE MY NEIGHBOR?? My neighbor thinks dandelions are nice flowers - NOT!

I love the color combo.

• bob414
    14 years ago

Looks like your pictures are on photobucket. Just copy the 'html code' under the picture on photobucket and paste it in your gardenweb post. When you preview the post the picture(s) will show up.

• jeanne_texas
    14 years ago

Gorgeous..but shouldn't your name be ClematisJoe?..LOL..What zone are you in?...Jeanne

• buyorsell888
    14 years ago

You can also manually type in the code (img src=paste the url of your photo here)

Use instead of ( and )

right click on the photo to copy image location to get the url.

• jeanne_texas
    14 years ago

and how old are your clematis?

• pippi21
    14 years ago

When you decide to grow several colors of clematis together, don't they all have to be from the same Group or number? How difficult is it to move a clematis to another location? I would assume one would do that in late Fall or early Spring?

• hibiscusjoe
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you buyorsell, that's what I was looking for.

jeanne, I like the user name clemtisjoe. I got interested in hardy hibiscus last year. I discovered the clemtis forum after I registered.
    I live in NW Ohio and have been growing clems since 1990.

pippi, my space is limited so I plant them one next to another about 3ft apart and have never worried about Group type. I generally will hard prune the group II's every 3rd yr, every year for the group III's

clematisjoe