Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clematis

Posted by gunnysack z6ks (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 31, 13 at 19:33

I had several Clematis in my yard 20 plus years old, Purple, Pink Stripe and White until my son recently chopped them down among other things . I am trying to replace them.

Gunnysack

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clematis

Most clematis can be pruned or cut back and will regrow. Give them some time to see if they come back. Be sure to continue to water as usual. Even some of the ones that I have moved regrew from pieces of root and stem which were inadvertently left behind.

You could check local nurseries to see what varieties are sold in your area or check out some of the mail order companies such as Brushwood, Donahues, and Silver Star. Also many of the big box stores sell clematis.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here