Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ramona and Warsaw August 22/2011

Posted by sandyl TN (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 22, 11 at 20:14

Ramona never fails, she just keeps going and going. This is after I prunned her middle of June after her first flush, These picture were taken today August 22nd. I hard prunned her down to about 6" and fertilizer her with farm aged cow poo from the cow pasture. Please note she is not in full hot sun all day, she gets morning sun only. I also prunned Warsaw Nike and fertlizer and watered each daily, I will not prunned either again until early spring and then I'll only trim and clean each up a bit before their big flush early spring next year. The white powder you see on Warsaw is sevin dust, I have something that like's him to much and is eating on him.. Enjoy ! Sandy Ramona Pic 2 Aug  22/2011

Ramona August 22/2011

Warsaw Nike Aug 22/2011

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ramona and Warsaw August 22/2011

Hi sandy,
I am a lurker from some of the other forums. Your Ramona and Warsaw are lovely! I have Ramona and have been so discouraged as she blooms nicely in spring, but gets fried in summer each year, especially the last two. Your hints were helpful, perhaps I need to move her.
Thank you!
roseberri

o

Warsaw Nike(Warszawska Nike) is actually a SHE (Nike - Greek goddess of victory). JFTR.

o

Very nice pics of Ramona.
I went to Clematis on the Web and looked it up. I noticed they show it as lavender blue and also it has deeper coloring on the tepals. Does yours also show the deeper coloring on the tepals? (hope I used the right terminology)

Julia

o

WELL, I'll be, he's a she! and here I been calling it a he...

o

Here is she:

Warszawska Nike

o

Yep, that's a she alright. I could tell right away. I wonder if a Clem could be grown on that statue?

Steve

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here