Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suggestions please!

Posted by ditas z 4b-5 Iowa (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 16, 12 at 9:34

Good Morning ~ I can't seem to find my earlier post (forgot to bkmark) sorry! I am planning to plant a vigorously growing Clematis where I used to have SAC (I've relocated) Pink Chiffon didn't fill the bill for the needs of this site. I checked out Huldine or are there any other thoughts?

Please view my album & see what might be good! TIA for your suggestions & thoughts! (Click on pix to enlarge.)

Here is a link that might be useful: SAC & Friends

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suggestions please!

A few of my longest blooming clematis which are vigorous growers--

Duchess of Albany Bright pink tulip shaped flowers
Madam Julia Correvon pin wheel shaped wine red flowers
Gravety Beauty red tulip like flowers
Purple Plena showy double rose-purple flowers

All are small flower varieties but are lovely and prolific
bloomers.

o

• Posted by ditas z 4b-5 Iowa (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 6, 12 at 0:17

Thank you mwsgal ~ I bookmarked Clems A-Z & will checkout your suggestions ~ hopefully one of them will provide the shading I'm looking for this site. I undestand that Hummers tend to be territorial, as I've observed w/ this li'l one that practically parks herself in this Chelone Island site!

o

You can try clematis clematis tangutica, Summer snow (Paul Fargas ), clematis rubromarginata or clematis Betty Corning.
Tanguitca has small yellow flowers and flowers in September for 3 / 4 weeks.
It can become really big. I admit I haven't cut mine, so it's all over the place.
My Paul Fargas is quite vigorous. Mine has a 8 feet shoot. It is fighting with the much older tangutica and is doing just fine for a 2 year old :)
Clematis rubromarginata is a tricky clematis. If you have a well drained, sheltered soil it should survive. I planted mine, this year, so time will show. They have small fragrant flowers.
I haven't grown Betty Corning, but I've read it can become quite big.
I've heard huldine can become quite big too.

Good Luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here