Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Crossings Clematis sale

Posted by alina_1 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 24, 08 at 11:38

Just in case anyone needs more nice Clematis :o)
The sale just started. 33% off, 60+ varieties. Very reasonable shipping, especially if you buy several plants. Great roots.

Here is the picture of GC Clematis rootball:

Clematis from Garden Crossing (roots)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Crossings Clematis sale

I just purchased 7 new ones!
This will be my first purchase with them and have read that GC has a good reputation so I'm hoping they will be nice.

o

• Posted by kimcoco Zone 5, Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 25, 08 at 0:24

Thanks for sharing sale info with us.

o

I've received 4 Clematis I ordered from GC yesterday. It took 2 days from placing the order to getting it. All of them look fantastic: multiple this vines, roots are showing through the drainage holes.

o

Garden Crossing is where I got my Tie Dye from and although it was sort of smaller than what I was used to getting, it has matured rather nicely and flowered its head off this year. In fact, this was the plant that I showed a picture of some of its leaves earlier in the season and they were every bit as bit as my hand. Can't beat that!

o

Miguel, how much light does your Tie Dye get? I've bought it from Chalk Hill enabled by your pictures :o) Now I am deciding where to plant all my 20+ new Clematis. I have 7 sides of gazebo (from full sun to almost full shade), several evergreen shrubs (full sun) and Hydrangeas (partial shade) to climb on. And all kinds of Clematis. How would you distribute them?

I've planted 3 Clematis today: 2 from Chalk Hill and 1 from Garden Crossings, so I had a chance to compare roots. The Chalk Hill's Clematis roots were about half of the volume of the pots. Probably, this is not typical for their plants... Still big enough to be planted directly in the ground.
Garden Crossings' one was great: the pot was literally stuffed with roots.

o

Alina, my Tie Dye gets full sun until very late in the day. As to how to distribute your collection, it would depend on which ones you got and how big they will get. The gazebo could probably house quite a few of them and the shrubs could serve as support for quite a few as well.

o

I Concur with My Miguel!!...I got my Tie-Dye from GardenCrossings as well!!..This is one clematis that totally LOVES my full HOT sun here in Texas and is a vigorous grower and performer...Jeanne

o

Thanks Miguel and Jeanne!
So my Tie Dye goes to some sunny spot:o) I wish I bought it from GC. I am very dissapointed with Chalk Hill Clematis so far: roots are small, plants are very weak (most of them). And the price including shipping is higher than GC's.

o

Got my shipment today- nice clems, most of them have labels from Donahue's - assuming grown for the summer by Gardens Crossing. Very well packaged and was in transit all of 1 day.
I will buy from them or Donahue's in the future. Now to the placement....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here