Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alina_1

Garden Crossings Clematis sale

alina_1
15 years ago

Just in case anyone needs more nice Clematis :o)

The sale just started. 33% off, 60+ varieties. Very reasonable shipping, especially if you buy several plants. Great roots.

Here is the picture of GC Clematis rootball:

{{gwi:609488}}

Comments (9)

• bonniein
    15 years ago

I just purchased 7 new ones!
    This will be my first purchase with them and have read that GC has a good reputation so I'm hoping they will be nice.

• kimcoco
    15 years ago

Thanks for sharing sale info with us.

• alina_1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I've received 4 Clematis I ordered from GC yesterday. It took 2 days from placing the order to getting it. All of them look fantastic: multiple this vines, roots are showing through the drainage holes.

• nckvilledudes
    15 years ago

Garden Crossing is where I got my Tie Dye from and although it was sort of smaller than what I was used to getting, it has matured rather nicely and flowered its head off this year. In fact, this was the plant that I showed a picture of some of its leaves earlier in the season and they were every bit as bit as my hand. Can't beat that!

• alina_1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Miguel, how much light does your Tie Dye get? I've bought it from Chalk Hill enabled by your pictures :o) Now I am deciding where to plant all my 20+ new Clematis. I have 7 sides of gazebo (from full sun to almost full shade), several evergreen shrubs (full sun) and Hydrangeas (partial shade) to climb on. And all kinds of Clematis. How would you distribute them?

I've planted 3 Clematis today: 2 from Chalk Hill and 1 from Garden Crossings, so I had a chance to compare roots. The Chalk Hill's Clematis roots were about half of the volume of the pots. Probably, this is not typical for their plants... Still big enough to be planted directly in the ground.
    Garden Crossings' one was great: the pot was literally stuffed with roots.

• nckvilledudes
    15 years ago

Alina, my Tie Dye gets full sun until very late in the day. As to how to distribute your collection, it would depend on which ones you got and how big they will get. The gazebo could probably house quite a few of them and the shrubs could serve as support for quite a few as well.

• jeanne_texas
    15 years ago

I Concur with My Miguel!!...I got my Tie-Dye from GardenCrossings as well!!..This is one clematis that totally LOVES my full HOT sun here in Texas and is a vigorous grower and performer...Jeanne

• alina_1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Miguel and Jeanne!
    So my Tie Dye goes to some sunny spot:o) I wish I bought it from GC. I am very dissapointed with Chalk Hill Clematis so far: roots are small, plants are very weak (most of them). And the price including shipping is higher than GC's.

• sheltieche
    15 years ago

Got my shipment today- nice clems, most of them have labels from Donahue's - assuming grown for the summer by Gardens Crossing. Very well packaged and was in transit all of 1 day.
    I will buy from them or Donahue's in the future. Now to the placement....