Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmschneider

'Baby' Mme. Julia Correvon

lmschneider
15 years ago

This spring I received Julia Correvon from Bluestone...planted the little thing up in about a 1 gal pot. Grew nicely and I pinched quite a bit as recommended on this forum.

Over a week ago I got the itch to plant into its permanent spot, as the fall-like weather really has moved in already. I move plants all the time, so feel like I'm pretty successful in that department. I dug a hole as usual, amended with a little compost and planted and watered. I wouldn't say there was a mass of roots, but there were lots of nice much fatter and longer roots than when I first received the clematis. I placed the base kinda on a hump and allowed the roots to spread outwards and then drape down.

A day or two later I check on it and its still wet and leaves are droopy and darker in color. I have mulched around it already....though continue to check the soil which is still moist even on top. And still today the thing is just droopy and looking well on its way to croaking.

Do you think its not doing well, because its too wet? What should I do? Maybe I didn't plant deep enough?

Any help would be great.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Maruca Design / Build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Exceptional Residential Design and Remodeling Services in Fairfax