Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
river_crossroads

Need ID & mildew advice

Hi everyone. This is the plant at the store:

{{gwi:622378}}

The lavender blossom is about 1.5 inches square (3.8 cm) & I think it might be a type of viticella. No label & the garden center where I got it only knew that it was a clematis. The head of the dept. thinks itÂs a type that grows wild in the woods, is vigorous & easy to grow. Note that in this warm climate clematis are usually not sold locally & have to be mail ordered. It was on sale for less than the cost of shipping from elsewhere. Pics of blossoms taken about 4th of July.

Is it a type of viticella? The top part is solid & the bottom finally opened to show 2 tepals. COTW has several somewhat similar when I view type: "viticella."

IÂve read here that viticella doesnÂt suffer from wilt. Does it get mildew? My climate is hot & wet. IÂve got my baby texensis in an open area with good circulation My baby Princess Diana & baby Duchess of Albany do not have mildew, nor does my baby Comtesee de Bouchaud. IÂd like to put a clem closer to shrubbery but IÂm worried about the mildew. Can you help me ID this one, please, & give me the Pruning Group? Mildew advice appreciated as well. Is there another clem that you would recommend for avoiding mildew in my wet climate? Please see more pics below & thanks in advance!

{{gwi:622379}}

{{gwi:622380}}

{{gwi:622381}}

{{gwi:622382}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus