Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kentstar_gw

My SAC blooms pics

kentstar
12 years ago

This is just it's second year in my garden. I planted her last summer and she's already taken over my hedge front! :) Yay!

She should be spectacular next year too.

I do detect a slight scent to her too so that's good. A nice sweet smell. Next year she should really be stinky! lol

{{gwi:622794}}

{{gwi:621316}}

Comments (6)

• sandyl
    12 years ago

I went out this morning on the front porch and there was a familiar aroma in the air that drew my eyes directly over to my SAC which was 50 feet away, she was BLOOMING..The sweet vanilla with a touch of honey smell was so relaxing. I had to sit a spell and inhale the aroma for a while, then I came back to reality and had to go back in and get ready for work. I'll take pictures this afternoon when I get home and post them.. Sandy

• ditas
    12 years ago

Hi kentstar ~ Congratulations!!! From our older post in Spring I've mentioned how my poor old SAC had been relocated 4 times & this last was still meant to be a temp home w/ intentions to relocate once more in 2012.

So loyal is she, even crawled well on a makesift trellis of HD plasti-coated poles & garden wires! Now she even gave me a wonderful gift ~ am going gaga over!!!

You'll just have to imagine the back-side of the trellis as this is just as adorable!

Here is a link that might be useful: SAC a Humming Bird hang-out

• ditas
    12 years ago

Oooops ~ forgot to mention ~ for those interested, click on pix for closer view! Many thanks for viewing my *Hummer Love-Story*.

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

ditas, enjoyed your hummingbird photo story.

Lots of hummers in my yard this month. They come very close while I'm working in the garden. Thought one was going to fly right into me, close enough to feel the air move from its wings.

My sweet autumn did not come back this spring. I'm waiting until next year before replacing it, maybe it's just resting.

• kentstar
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Love your hummer! So cute! And your SAC too!
    I love birds anyways and have 3 of them as pets. They are so fun to watch!

• ditas
    12 years ago

Thank you mnwsgal & kentstar ~ I'm going gaga over these few that have stayed behind after some of the grown-ups have moved on to warmer clime (so I was told) These few are the youths ~ still not developed their red throats!

I just added 1 more pic to the album to show SAC a bit better & also the new feeder.

The Li'l guys love playing & visiting SAC blossoms & chase intruders ~ one in particular is possessive of the drink stand under the trellis ~ love it when she hovers on top of my pooch & I like hanging ornament & chirps her warnings ~ Another took charge of the feeder out by the fence & is quite possessive of that site as well!

TIA for viewing!!!