Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
moving shrubs w/ clematis

Posted by bobbygil 7 (rascal559@aol.com) on
Fri, Oct 16, 09 at 8:05

Hi...I have a few shrubs that I need to move that have clems growing up them. Any tips on how to move the shrubs ? The clematis wont stay where they are but will be moved somewhere also. It's wet and cool here now so Its a good time to move the shrubs. thanks bobby

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: moving shrubs w/ clematis

Hello there,
I would prune them hard, thus making sure that they establish well in the new place. Depending upon what pruning group they are you will perhaps loose next year s flowers. But in my experience if you are too reluctant with the pruning they struggle in the next season and hardly grow.

So be ruthless, thin out old vines and cut back to 1-2 feet. How long have they been growing in their spots? If more than 5 years it could get more difficult to move them,
Hope that helps, cheers,

Lin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here