Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bcollingwood_gw

BCS Journal 2012

bcollingwood
11 years ago

The British Clematis Society annual Journal, 'The Clematis' has today been published. Not that I am trying to blatantly advertise etc or anything - I'm not - but if anyone might be interested in reading more about Clematis, we do send our Journal all around the world, so, even if you don't live in the UK, there is no problem being a Member, and thereby having the Journal sent to you each year. (Like anyone else I have to accept what the site moderator thinks of any post on this site so if this entry gets removed then I apologise in advance! I'm really just trying to inform, not advertise!)

Anyone wishing to can get more of an idea about the Journal and the various other aspects by taking a look at the BCS website at the link below.

The Journal usually contains 'something for everyone' and is mostly non-technical. It normally contains perhaps 35 - 40 articles (around 200 pages all told) on all matters pertaining to clematis; in the garden/culture, propagation/hybridisation, new plants, cultivars, species and groups, special interest/historical, trial grounds results and so on. It is mostly written by ordinary amatuer gardeners like me, who just happen to have a liking or a soft spot especially for clematis.

Anyway, I thought I would just mention it for anyone interested. And while I think on, there is discussion currently taking place (early phases yet) within BCS about making previous years' Editions available as downloadable pdf files. That would mean that anyone wishing to read it, anywhere in the world, could do so, at the click of a button. This might appeal to people not wishing to be Members but who would probably enjoy reading an annual publication dedicated to clematis, to dip into, on your computer, as and when you feel like it.

I have posted this year's Journal contents pages on the BCS Facebook page if anyone wants to get a flavour of what is in it. If you look on the BCS forum (BCS Website) you can actually see the contents, in various threads, from previous years, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: BCS website