Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
End of the Season

Posted by mnwsgal 4 Henn MN (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 10, 12 at 21:14

Today I picked the last of the Crystal Fountain blossoms from the pot on my deck. While the other clematis on the fence still have a few blossoms they are a bit brown along the edges. There are still some buds on a few plants that will probably freeze with this next week's cold front. Crystal Fountain is two years old and has had blossoms since mid summer.

In a week or two the pots will be brought into our unheated garage for the winter. I treat them like type 3 Clem's and cut them back then remove the trellis to make storing them easier.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: End of the Season

Bump

o

• Posted by carrieb 7 Philadelphia (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 18:04

Did you have a question for the forum?

o

Nope, no question, just noting that the season has ended.

o

Season just starting if you grow these. (My Wisley Cream is not flowering though, sadly. It's not happy at the moment.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Clematis cirrhosa

o

I should have said the end of my season. Wish I could grow clematis chirrhosa as well as many of the more tender clematis but it is too cold and snowy in this area. I grow Florida Seiboldi in a pot and winter it in my unheated garage. Hope you are able to figure out why Wisley Cream is unhappy so that it will bloom for you.

Florida Seiboldi 2nd year in pot
Clematis Florida Seiboldi

o

It's my own fault it's unhappy. I have neglected it, it's growing in rubbish soil and it has had too much shade. One of these days I'll get around to improving its conditions.

o

Spotted this morning - C armandii in flower. Don't remember seeing it quite so early before.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here