Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Maria Cornelia

Posted by patty57 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 30, 13 at 10:23

Enjoying this time of year reading and planning for spring of 2014 and what a joy it is.
I am in search of Maria Cornelia in hopes that it is as pretty a white as the descriptions say it is and am partial to the virticelli group. Can't seem to find a nursery here in the US that carries it. I like, and do not have, Alba Luxurians, but would like a true white.

Patty in NC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Maria Cornelia

Brushwood has sold it in the past - that is where I purchased mine. It is currently listed as unavailable, but you can put your name on the "notify me when available" list. I do not know if Dan has updated his lists for 2014 yet, or not. Also, Dan will add new clematis several times throughout the year and not just at the beginning of the year. The other clematis nurseries should be updating their lists sometime soon, although I think that Hummingbird Farm is usually later than the others since they are in Maine and start shipping later.

Here is a link that might be useful: Maria Cornelia page on Brushwood's website

o

I also bought MC from Brushwood a couple of years ago. I do like the notify me option that Brushwood has that PLKat referenced, which I have often used when I was looking for a particular plant. I haven't seen MC at any other nursery over the past 5 or 6 years.

o

Thank you kindly, nhbabs and plantloverkat. I have talked to Dan about any chance of Maria Cornelia being available this spring and he mentioned that his catalog is pretty well set for availability. I will just keep her on my *wish list* ! Thank you again for the response.
Patty

o

Patty, you might also want to check out Klehm's Song Sparrow Farm and Nursery, to see if they have Maria Cornelia, as I know in previous years they sold it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Klehm's Song Sparrow Farm and Nursery

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here