Return to the Clematis Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clematis Identification

Posted by kmar127 PA (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 9, 12 at 20:57

I would very much appreciate any help I can get identifying this plant, which I believe to be in the genus Clematis.

You can view the attached photo and also these two:

Clematis pics

The plant looks JUST like this plant, which is identified as Clematis terniflora but most of the other pictures I find on Google do not look like this.

Unfortunately, I do need an exact identification, as this is for a university project and not just gardening, so any help I can get is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clematis Identification

• Posted by carrieb 7 Philadelphia (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 17:58

Without a photo of the flowers, I believe that it will be impossible to identify.

o
Oops.

• Posted by carrieb 7 Philadelphia (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 18:01

My apologies, I see that you do have the flower included in the photos. So, with that, I'll say that you'll need better photos of the flowers.

I see that you're in Pennsylvania. Clematis terniflora is naturalized & becoming increasingly invasive in Pennsylvania. In Philadelphia & suburbs, where I work as a gardener, it's one of our most persistent weeds.

o
RE: Clematis Identification

Try going into "clematis.com"...follow the trail to picture identification using your plant's flowering time, height.

The time of bloom can squeeze the varieties that bloom at the same time....the height just a bit more info.
Considering there are over 1000....that's one thousand...varieites of clematis its rather most difficult to identify by leaf....a color photo of its bloom will nail it down.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clematis Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here