Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
subk3

Not Comtesse de Bouchaud...

subk3
10 years ago

A couple years ago I bought what was labeled at a local nursery Comtesse de Bauchaud. I remember it as it was an impulse purchase because my husband and I got engaged in L'ille Bouchard, France at the time I thought the two names were the same...it being 20 years or so!

Anyway, what I have is not single, pinky lavender bloom of the Comtesse, but a very double white. The closest thing I can find to it on a HMF search is Duchess of Edinburgh. Only what I have seems even more double, more frilly/fluffy, almost a pom pom. The nursery wouldn't have carried anything to exotic in its limited selection so it is probably somewhat common.

Any thoughts as to what it might be? Duchess of E? Is doubling a characteristic that can be intensified by growing conditions?

Sorry, I don't have any pictures! I left it mostly alone last year at pruning--just took out a minimal of seemingly dead stuff that interfered with pruning/training the rose it is growing with. I want to identify it so I can do right by it this year.

Comments (2)